Chapter 20

———

"Luna Delaney." A voice said behind me.

I jumped up in fright and turned to see who it was. "My bad." I cleared my throat. "You just startled me." I whispered out.

The man wore a sling and hoodie that covered his face. I shivered, something didn't feel right. "I have a proposition for you." He stated. "An important one." He added.

"Oh, uh yes what is it sir?" I shifted my weight onto my other leg, uncomfortably.

"Are you happy here?" He questioned, from the tone of his voice I could sense a smirk.

"Of course I am, happier than I ever was." I responded, fiddling with my fingers.

"Hmph, very well then. What if I said that I could take you somewhere far away from here. I could buy you anything you'd ever want, perhaps get you a new mate-"

I cut him off, "A new mate!? I love Raven I wouldn't trade him for the world." I hissed out, turning my back from the curious man.

He cleared his throat, "A new and better family, you'd have lots of friends and an overall better life."

"Why?" I questioned, a bit of malice slipping through my lips.

"Why what?"

"Why would anyone ever agree to this? I love my family and my mate. My life is perfect right now." This man was creepy. It didn't feel right, being alone in this room with him.

"I've seen you fight with Raven a lot lately." Has he been watching us!? I turned around to face him, slowly. Lifting a brow as I fumbled with my fingers.

"So? Every couple fights." I replied, shifting my weight once more.

"So you're a couple now?" His hoarse voice said, amusement filling in his voice.

"Uh I suppose we are." I squirmed uncomfortably, his gaze staring holes onto me.

He looked at me through his hoodie. I felt a burning sensation from the way he looked over my body. This didn't feel right. "If you'll excuse me sir." I murmured while picking up my plate and exiting the kitchen.

The man grabbed onto my arm that held the plate, it fell to the ground with a loud clash. I froze for a few moments, seemingly stuck in this moment. I frowned at him, his knuckles turned white from the pressure of his hold. "I thought I could do this the easy way." He stated.

"Let go of me." I growled while trying to twist out of his strong grip.

"Feisty one aren't we? Maybe I can use that to my benefit later on, I love a challenge." He said amused.

"Not on my watch." I said while I lifted my leg and kicked him in the crotch. I paused a few moments, unsure if I had really done that.

He landed on the ground groaning, "Mark get her!" He yelled. I looked around and saw as another man come out from the hallway. I took a couple of steps back yet my back hit the counter. I ran into the kitchen looking for anything to throw at the large man. I cursed while looking for the knife drawer. My mind a blur and unable to think.