⋆ prologue ⋆

4 months ago from when Yoongi saw Hoseok the first time.

"Not bad," Jungkook commented when they entered the bakeshop. It was a generous comment seeing as the place didn't really look that nice.

Jimin sighed and went straight to sit at a table beside one of the stained window glasses. His best friend had been sighing for a hundredth time now. Jungkook knew the reason behind it and that was why he brought him to this newly opened bakeshop, hoping it would cheer the boy up. He didn't expect the place would look...uh, not nice.

"Should I order for us both?" he asked the older boy.

Jimin nodded and smiled. "You already know what I want, Kook."

He went to look at the menu board hanging, trying to guess which would be tasty. He didn't really need to wait in line since there was no line in the first place.

Well, their cupcake looked decent.

•|•|•|•|~YM~|•|•|•|•

Yoongi blinked.

Then blinked again.

He stared at the microwave oven as he waited for the food to heat up. He was too lazy to buy anything and all he wanted to do was sleep all day. It was his day off. No school, no work. Nothing. Just he and his beloved bed.

He wondered where Taehyung could be. Probably in his room watching Kdramas. From the looks of it, his brother already ate and decided not to wash his plate. That brat.

When he heard the long-awaited ching sound, he opened the microwave oven and took out the plate of leftovers. This would be good enough.

Eat, go back to his room, and then sleep. That was Yoongi's plan

He was already on his third spoonful when his phone rang.

•|•|•|•|~YM~|•|•|•|•

"I don't really understand why anyone would open a bakeshop in this area. There's barely anyone who passes by here, so it's like a suicidal business," Jimin commented as he sipped on his shake.

Jungkook shrugged. "I don't know. You ask them." Jimin shrugged back, and the younger boy wanted to roll his eyes. Jimin was clearly avoiding the topic, but Jungkook wouldn't let him. He refused to hear one more sigh from the boy.

"So hyung," he started, hoping he sounded nonchalant enough. "You look upset. What's up?"

There was silence for a while before the older boy sighed again. He played with the straw of his shake and scowled darkly at the table as if it's the reason for all miseries in life. Jimin usually took time in things like this, especially when the issue involved his family. He preferred to keep it to himself until he couldn't take it anymore.

So Jungkook waited.

"You know Halmeoni is really sick, right?" Jimin began. Jungkook knew this was about his recent visit to Busan. "Well, when I went to visit her last week, she was really happy to see me."

This made the younger boy smile. Jimin always talked about his grandparents and how much he loved them. It's no surprise that they could be the reason why the boy was very sad, especially Jimin's grandma who basically spoiled him all his life. He just wished she'll get well soon.