28

The next morning i woke up and opened my eyes . When i looked up at the ceiling i was so confused. I sat up. I couldn not believe it. I was in a holding cell. I looked over and two middle aged women were also in the cell. I basically had a heart attack.

"psh the girl woke up." One women said to the other.

They both laughed at me. 

"Uhm do either of you know why im here?" I said nervously.

"Not sure doll. They carried and i mean carried you in at about 5 am." They laughed again.

"Oh my God i don't even remeber being at the party. I was that drunk when it got busted?" I asked myself,

"Uhm excuse me Ashley Dallas, we need you to change and take a mug shot." A police officer said to me. 

"Why am i here?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Really? What happened 12 months ago you were one of the top kids in your class." He said walking next to me to a small room.

"I don't even understand why im here." i complained.

"You vandalized a dorm. You forgot?" He chuckled.

I shook my head. He pulled out my file and showed me pictures of my dorm. I wrote asshole twice across the walls. He giggled a little.

"Did you contact my parents?" i asked nervously.

"You're an adult. Your school's authority is not pressing charges but they'll probably want to talk to you after someone pays your 1,000 dollar bail." He said.

I signed some papers and took a mugshot. 

"Thank you." I said while crying.

"Hey you seem like a good kid. Don't worry this shouldn't show up anywhere. No one at your school will really know besides your school board. Whoever you get to pay your bail will have to sign these papers." He said.

I nodded. He gave me a ziplock bad that had my phone, keys, and a chapstick. Everything that was in my pockets when i got arrested. I could not tell anyone in my fmily about this. I dialed miranda's number. She answered on the 2nd ring. 

"Helllloooo" She cheered.

"Hey." I said sobbing.

"What's wrong? Did you and Sam break up?" She asked.

"Yesterday but i need you to come get me."

"Awh ash. But okay where are you?" She asked.

"i-i'm in jail." I cried.

"Wait what? But i'm on my way." She said scared.

"I need you to bring 1,000 dollars, ill pay you back." I cried.

"Ash I don't have that money, I'm sorry." She cried.

"No no it's fine i'll find someone to come get me." I said before we both hung up.

I called all my friends in Arizona and Nebraska. What 19 year old has an extra 1,000 dollars? 

I refused to call cameron or any of his friends who easily had the money. Sammy would come get me in three seconds but he wasn't my hero anymore. I dialed the number in my phone and sighed when i realized who i was going to beg to come get me.