One

Emilie

        I was standing naked in the middle of a room that I had never seen before, clutching some strangers' shirt to my chest in an attempt to cover myself. The acrid scent of alcohol and vomit filled the air and I took a deep breath in through my mouth in an attempt to fight the heady smell of the room. The bedroom itself was neat, everything seemed to have it's own place, not a single thing out of order.

        Outside of the open bedroom door, the hall was littered with beer bottles, cans of coke and what looked like cigarette butts. I even saw a few stray bodies on the floor, some slumped over trash and some on top of one another. My head throbbed angrily and I felt the sudden urge to vomit. I darted toward the half open door to my immediate left, dodging a folded stack of clothes and what looked a lot like my brand new bra and panty set. My stomach lurched in revolt as I barged in the door, my thighs, which had been slightly uncomfortable before, were now screaming in protest. I dashed for the porcelain throne in just enough time to empty the contents of my stomach. As I sat back up from being hunched over, I felt a warm rush of liquid sweep between my thighs, and horror struck in a single moment. I couldn't move for a second, but knew if I didn't do something soon, I would have small streams of blood covering the inside of my legs. I stood, flushing as quickly as possible, ignoring the acidic tang of vomit that filled my mouth, and ran back to the foreign bedroom in an attempt to search for my bag.         

        “You're awake.” I jumped at the masculine voice and turned to face the most gorgeous man I had ever seen. His hair was dark and fell in the most alluring way, shaping his face even further. His jaw was thick, squared, and oh-so-kissable. His lips were to die for, the bottom one only slightly larger than the top and both a rosy hue that matched the color that was painted across his high cheek bones. And his eyes, oh God, they were the most intoxicating shade of green I had ever seen, with small flecks of gold and orange spattered around. He was tall and lean with muscle, broad shouldered, and all but edible. I blushed slightly, something that was normally the downfall of me, and he smiled, reminding me of a cat who had just caught the mouse.

        “Y-yeah. I, um, I was looking for my purse?” I stuttered out, blushing even harder than before. I wanted to sit around a nd fawn over this gorgeous man, but I had to get to the bathroom. I shifted on my feet and waited as he turned around, back toward the massive bed I had woken up on, and pulled my black purse out from under it, pulling a towel out as well.         

        “Here ya go, Princess.” He said, taking a few steps in my direction before ushering me into the bathroom. “I assume you'll want a shower. Hot on the left, cold on the right. Pull the knob out toward you to get the water to actually pour out of the shower head. Use any soap you like and the shampoo and conditioner are here.” He pointed at everything as he spoke and I caught a glimpse of a tattoo peeking out from under the sleeve of his shirt.

        “Thank you...” I began, but realized that I didn't know his name. Embarrassment colored my face and I wanted to bury my head. This had never happened before. I had never even hugged someone and not known their name, let alone end up naked in their bedroom.         

 He said with a smile, one that hit me straight in the stomach. Oh, Lord. He is beautiful. We stood there for a moment, just staring at one another before he placed my bag and the towel on the counter to my right, and turned to walk away. I needed to ask him something very important.

  “Um.. Rowan?” I whispered, tucking a stray strand of my hair behind pierced ear, tugging at the bar in my cartilage nervously. I bit my lip and waited for him to acknowledge me. He didn't disappoint. I met those bright green peepers again and almost told him to forget it, but knew I had to hear his answer, even thought I already knew the answer deep down.

        “Yes, Emilie?”

       “Did we... Er... We had sex, right?” I asked, tired of the shy girl that seemed to come to surface as soon as I met his eyes. The smile that seemed to be a permanent resident of his face dropped a little and I feel bad momentarily, but this is overridden by the feeling of absolute dread and doom.

        “Yes, we did.” He paused and pulled the collar of his shirt down to showcase the string of bite marks down his delectable chest. I bit my own lip hard and gasped as he pulled the shirt almost completely off, and turned barely giving me a glimpse at the rest of his sculpted chest, and revealed the claw marks down his back.

Oh, shit. I did that?

        “Fuck.” I hissed, squeezing my eyes closed for a moment. I needed to collect my thoughts for a moment. I had slept with a man I didn't know, someone I had more than likely just met and would never see again. I, the girl who had sworn to never sleep with anyone until she was 'madly in love', had slept with a random man. A stranger.

Oh, buck up girl. At least he's a yummy-licious random man. I groaned inwardly. Stupidly optimistic Emilie. 

 “I'm sorry. I-” He began as my eyes opened again. His eyes were filled with worry and hurt and immediately, I felt like an ass. Despite it being my first time, I never considered his thoughts or feelings on the situation.

 “No, I just, I never thought this would be how I-”

 “Lost your virginity?”

 “Bingo.” I sighed, running a hand through my greasy hair. God, I really needed that shower he was offering. “I know most guys don't see it as something to prize, but-”

 “It is something to prize, Emilie. Anyhow, you should shower and come down and have breakfast before you have to go-”

 Oh great, now he's booting me out. Hell, he's feeding me first, what's to complain about?

 “... your sister's wedding.”

 Shit! That's what he meant by go. I hissed internally and closed my eyes again. I really didn't want to go to my step-sister's wedding, but I had to. I needed to be supportive despite my protests against her marriage. She was twenty-five and marrying a man who was more than double her age. She was using him for his money, plain and simple. Once he died, which due to the heart condition he had, would be soon, Elise would get all the money he had. I loved my step-sister, but she was a gold digging whore.

“Yeah. Let me just hop in, I won't take too long, and I'll get going.”

“Uh, Emilie?”

“Yes?”

“You told your little sister when she called last night that I would be coming with you. She said that she'd tell your father about last summer if you didn't show up with a date.”

I hate her. So. Much.

“Oh, alright. I'm sorry. For some reason, I can't remember anything from last night. Did I drink?” I mumbled, my cheeks warming once again. I felt like hell having to ask all these questions, I hated being in the dark about things, especially about myself.

“No, I gave you a bottle of water when you got here, but that's it. You said you started to feel a little out of it after your strange date with your ex- Kyle, I think. Go, shower. I'll be ready when you're back. Suit and tie kinda thing, right?”

I nodded and started the water as he turned and left the room.

What the hell happened at dinner last night?

*** So, I would really appreciate any kind of feedback I can get. I don't care if it is negative or pointing out mistakes, whatever. Please and thank you! (: -Kayyyl