Chapter 28

*this gif is deadly*

Yujin's POV

In my short 20 years of life, there have been several things I've come to cherish above all else. I've made these things abundantly clear to most of the active participants in my life. In no particular order, these things would be: dance, a nice cold one to crack open, I guess Yoongi (but that's more on the down-low), food, and sleep.

So naturally, when I was woken abruptly from my nap by the sound of my door bursting open—and later a fairly heavy body perching itself atop me—I was not too pleased. Arms wrapped around me on either side, enveloping me in my blankets like the burrito I wished I could remain to be, and a face rested against my covered chest.

"Jungkook," I breathed out with flared nostrils, suppressing a yawn. "There better be a damn good reason you interrupted my nap."

Jungkook scoffed into the blanket. "Nap? It's been 6 hours since we left work, that's about as much sleep as I get on a good night."

I ripped one of my arms free from his confining koala-hold and rubbed at my eyes tiredly. "Sleeping is a blissful gift I can't refuse. Anyway, what do you want?"

Jungkook laughed. "You and Yoongi-hyung are so similar it's scary." He finally released me, allowing me to sit up in my bed. He snuggled his head into my lap, bringing a small smile to my face. He was just too precious sometimes. "I was thinking earlier and-

"Oh God, that's never a good thing." I cut him off with a chuckle.

I received a glare in return as Jungkook deadpanned, "Ha-ha. Anyway, I realized, we're dating, but we've literally never been on a date."

I looked up in thought before humming in surprise. "Huh, you're right." I laughed. "So what, you want to go on a date at..." I squinted at the clock, raising a brow at the time. "12 in the morning?"

A goofy grin broke onto Jungkook's face. "If you're down for it, then yes."

I contemplated for a bit, running my fingers through Jungkook's brunette locks as he shut his eyes at the feeling. Glancing at the serene look on his handsome face, it was hard to refuse his sweet intentions. "Fine, what did you have in mind?"

~*~

"So let me get this straight," I began while striding into the familiar building, my hand intertwined with the bunny-smiling boy's beside me. "You decide to disrupt my sleep, to bring me on a romantic date at my place of work?"

Jungkook had been keeping his plan for us a secret ever since we left home. He wouldn't allow me to open my eyes on the way here, even going as far as tying a bandana around my eyes. When he'd finally liberated my sight, an anticipating smile on his face, my expression was one of incredibility.