Chapter 30

Yujin's POV

"And where were you two last night?" A taunting voice inquired as they slipped in between Jungkook and I, wrapping an arm around each of us.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "None of your business, hyung."

Taehyung gasped dramatically and I snickered at the scene, removing myself from his hold and heading towards the stage so I could do my job. Jungkook and I had ended up sleeping up on the Big Hit roof all night, waking up late and having to head directly to work in the same clothes from yesterday. I was hoping no one would pay close attention to the fact, but it wasn't helping that as soon as we entered the premises we had to endure the teasing remarks from BTS.

I ran my fingers through some tangles in my hair as I approached a huddle of people on stage.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Nice of you two to finally show up." Yoongi noted sarcastically.

"Shut up." I nudged him.

"So are you guys official or....?" Bambam trailed off, unsure. I glanced at him and around at some of the other Got7 guys that were here, realizing that I'd left them in the dark yet again. They must've been curious.

I sighed. "Yeah, Jungkook and I are together." Before Jackson and Yugyeom could begin to exclaim anything, I held up a finger. "But it's on the down-low right now. So let's keep it to ourselves, alright?" I met eyes with everyone to get my point across, smiling in satisfaction after receiving an all-around nod.

Soon after, the remainder of the guys joined us on stage and practice began. I facilitated and analyzed, from on-stage this time, but I knew I had nothing to worry about. Everything was beginning to come together, and after today all the lights and graphics would be tested and applied so that tomorrow we could have a run through of the entire performance.

The music cut and all the guys stopped to listen to the echoing announcement. "We will now be testing the light system. Please be patient, thank you for your hard work." Stylists were already swarming onto the stage to dry or cool them off as they listened.

I noticed Sooji heading towards Jungkook and I bit my lip. As much as I wanted to follow Jungkook's advice, I couldn't ignore the feeling in my gut. That girl was trouble, and it was only a matter of time until her true colors surfaced.

As I began to walk towards Jungkook, who of course was at a further point on stage, the lights throughout the stadium cut out. I let out a heavy sigh, now having to make my way blindly. Groans could be heard from all around.

I edged forward slowly, sliding one foot in front of the other to be careful. My foot nearly tangled in a wire, so I took a sizable step forward. That could've ended badly, especially considering the stage was several feet above ground level.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest as I rammed into a body, their hands cupping my arms to hold me steady upright. They put their hand over my face and squeezed my nose. "Yujin?"

I stifled a laugh. "Get your hand off my face, Yoongi."

"Sheesh." He complied and took a step back.

"Do you know where Jungkook is?" I asked.

"I don't even know where my hand is right now, Yujin, so the answer would be no." Yoongi sassily replied.

"Well then I'll be on my way. Thanks for nothing." I chuckled as I stalked off, hearing his scoff from behind me.

I huffed after another minute of slowly trekking a few yards forward, mumbling in aggravation to myself, "How the hell are the lights still off?"

I began to hear some footsteps near me, treading carefully almost as if they were trailing me, so an unsettling feeling sprouted in my gut. I gulped and sped up my steps slightly.

"Jungkook?" I finally decided to call out ahead of me.

"Yeah?" I heard him reply from not too far away. "Yujin, is that you?"

My lips quirked into a reassured smile. "Yeah, stay wherever you are, I'll be there in a sec."

"Okay, be careful, don't fall offstage or something."

I chuckled nervously, worrying over those footsteps. "I'll try."

Almost as soon as the words left my mouth and I took a step forward, two hands delivered a hard shove to my side, causing me to stumble to the side.

Where there was no more stage.

A screech ripped through me as I plummeted towards the ground, and in no time a burning, searing-white pain shot throughout my body upon impact.

Then, there was nothing.

Jungkook's POV

I patiently did as instructed, humming to myself as I waited for Yujin to reach me. Sooji had walked off not too long ago, so I stood by myself.

My humming was cut off by a gut-wrenching scream from an all-too-familiar voice. My heart began to beat at an alarming rate as adrenaline pumped through my body.

"Yujin?" I hollered in panic, my worry heightening after receiving no response.

Finally, after the suspiciously lengthy amount of darkness, the lights throughout the venue flickered on. I immediately rushed to the edge of the stage, others following suit (presumably from hearing the scream themselves), and the sight made my heart drop to my stomach.

Yujin laid sprawled across the ground, her hair strewn over her face, her eyes shut. Her ankle was twisted at an unnatural angle that made me flinch. My breathing sped as I dashed off stage and sprinted over to her, pushing away any staff in my way. I was too alarmed and afraid to worry about manners.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I repeated as I neared her, noticing her unresponsive state. I kneeled next to her body, brushing the hairs out of her face and slightly tapping her cheeks.

"Yujin." I called gently. No response. "Baby, wake up. Come on." I pleaded, but to no gain.

Yoongi suddenly appeared beside me in a state as frazzled as I assumed I looked. "Holy shit." He breathed, eyes analyzing her body and locking on her ankle. "What the fuck happened?" He angrily asked.

I let out a shuddering breath, shaking myself out of my daze. "I- I don't know." I carefully gathered Yujin in my arms, tucking her head in the crook of my neck and standing in a hurry. Staff members who lingered nearby offered to take her, but I shook them off. "Everyone just move out of the way, I've got her."

As I rushed up the aisle, I heard a pained groan and glanced down to see Yujin's eyelids fluttering and clenching. Her quiet whimper tore my heart in two and I had to bite my lip to avoid breaking down. Her pain was my pain. I tightened my hold on her as she fell back into unconsciousness.

~*~

hey y'all... don't hate me for taking 9 years to update i'm so sorry :( life, ya know
I just wanted to say a happy thanksgiving to everyone, i'm so thankful for each and every one of my readers, you're all so special and amazing and I couldn't be where I am without you....30k reads, that's insane.
i love you all 💓 thank you for your patience