FINAL

2 Years Later

Yujin's POV

"5, 6, 7, 8."

The music blared through the practice room as the 5 members of Itzy ran through their new choreography again. My voice strained as I kept a steady beat over the music, counting the beats and analyzing their every movements as they danced, their focus on their reflections in the mirrors they faced. When the music stopped and they ended in their final poses, it barely took a second for them all to grab towels and wipe at their glistening necks.

My expression held a satisfied grin as I clapped once for attention. "Well done, girls! You make the choreo look like it's nothing."

Yeji rolled her eyes playfully. "If only it were as easy as it looked. You don't go easy on us, Yujin-ssi."

I laughed. "What can I say? I'm only playing to your strengths, and you girls are all extremely talented."

A knock interrupted our conversation before the door was lightly pushed open, allowing for a familiar head to pop in.

"Did I come at a bad time?" Jungkook wondered as he fully stepped into the room. The girls all bowed respectfully to him, which he returned.

My grin widened upon seeing him as I walked closer to meet him. "Perfect timing, actually" I redirected my attention to the girl group. "You guys can pack up for the day. Great work!"

They all thanked me as they passed us with their bags, leaving me and Jungkook alone in the room. He circled his arms around my waist to pull me closer and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He placed a short kiss on my forehead.

"How's your day been, my lead choreographer?" He smiled sweetly down at me.

"Good," I dragged as I smiled my new title. JYP had promoted me not too long ago. "Are we still meeting the guys tonight?"

Jungkook retracted one of his arms as the other moved to wrap around my shoulders to lead us out of the room. "Of course we are, they all keep complaining about how much they miss you."

I pouted. "Aw, I feel bad. I want to see them, I'm just always busy now with work."

Jungkook squeezed my shoulder. "Don't worry, they know that. They're also extremely proud, although," he paused to press a kiss to my temple, "not as much as me."

We walked out of the building in comfortable silence as we made our way to the parking garage. Then, my mind wandered elsewhere as a thought crossed it.

Jungkook noticed my pondering. "What is it?"

I met his eyes. "What day is it today?"

He pressed his lips together and nodded as if confirming my thoughts. "Yup. One year ago today, Solji got put behind bars."

A shudder went through my as I thought back to the threats she had said to me. Even while we were at court, she continued spewing insults and threats, only furthering her sentence. Jungkook wrapped me in his arms again, and I appreciated the comfort.

"You don't have to worry about her anymore, Yujin. She can't hurt you anymore." He rested his chin on my head and I hugged him back. "I made a promise to you that I intend to keep. I'll never let anything hurt you again."

I smiled into his chest before staring up at him again. "We've come such a long way since those first few encounters." I remarked.

Jungkook chuckled, rubbing his forehead at the memories. "I was such a douche then, huh?"