Jared

The man walked toward the bed. He came into focus when he came up to the bed. He looked exactly Gabe must have when he was twenty years old. They had the same dark hair, and high cheekbones. He had on a sun-faded baseball cap and a flannel shirt. His dark eyes were scanning my body as he sat down on the bed.

His ice-cold fingers ran across my cheek to wipe away one my remaining tears. I flinched at his cold touch.

"Sorry, my hands are cold," he said with a slight chuckle. "It was pretty cold outside today."

I furrowed my eyebrows. He was trying to joke with me about the weather?

"I'm Jared," he said. "What is your name?"

Gabe never told him my name? Was I supposed to be like some kind of gift to him?

"Leah," I said.

"That's pretty."

He let his cold fingers trail down my face. He grabbed my chin with his finger and his thumb. He turned my head to the side as he examined my face.

"You're gorgeous," he said. "I'm so happy my dad got you for me."

I let go of the blanket with one hand, and grabbed his wrist. I pulled his hand off of my face. Jared let out a deep breath. He leaned forward and put his hand on the other side of my body. He towered over me. I pulled the blankets up on higher on my bare chest.

"There's a few rules you need to follow," he said. "One of them is to never say no to me."

"I'm not a slave," I said.

"I know that. You're my wife."

My chest tightened at his words.

"Second rule is to not ask me any questions," he said. "Everything I do is to protect you, so I don't need you questioning me about it. Do you understand?"

I gave him a small nod. Jared's lips spread into a wide smile. A few of his teeth on the side were crooked and overlapping each other.

"Good," he said. "If you break any rules or misbehave I will have to punish you."

He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. My hands let go of the blanket, and went up onto Jared's chest. I pushed him away as his lips attacked mine. I rolled my head to the side to get him off of me. Jared snatched my wrists and pinned them against my chest.

"What did I just say?" he asked.

"Please, let me go," I begged him.

"I can't do that," he said. "Don't worry you will be happy here."

He let go of my wrists, and grabbed the top of the blanket. I tried to push Jared away from me. He stopped and raised an eyebrow.

"You need to start following the rules," he said. "I don't want to have to punish you."

He pushed my hands away as he pulled down the top of the blanket. I covered my bare chest with my arms, but he held my hands against the mattress. He started kissing my neck, and his lips moved down along my collarbone. I squeezed my eyes shut as I shook underneath him.

My body was still recovering from whatever Gabe had injected me with. Even if I did have all of my strength, I don't think I would be able to fight him off. Jared's grip was crushing my wrists as he sucked on my neck.

He lifted his head when he heard me sob. He let go of my one wrist, and wiped away the tears. I used my free hand to cover my chest again.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.