Tears and Tea

Author's note: Updating to celebrate something really special! Today I became a Wattpad Star. I'm so ecstatic for Wattpad giving to be giving me this honour. I want to thank everyone for all the support you guys have given me over the years. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 "You love me?" Jared asked.

His lips were spread into a wide smile. I bit down on my lip and nodded my head. He leaned forward and kissed me again. He took his hands off of my face and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled away and kissed my cheek before he got up off of his knees.

"Do you want some clothes?" he asked.

"Yes, please," I said.

He went over to the dresser and pulled out one of his shirts and a pair of underwear. I had to lean onto him for support as I got changed. After I was finished, Jared grabbed under my legs and lifted me up. He set me down on the bed. He propped a few pillows under my head. He grabbed my glasses off of the nightstand and handed them to me.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. "Can I have some water?"

"Of course, sweetheart."Jared put one knee on the bed and leaned forward to kiss my temple. "I'll be back in a minute."

I nodded my head and watched Jared leave the room. I let out a deep breath and leaned back into the pillows. I finally told Jared that I loved him and now he was going to take care of me. He was going to protect me, and would never let me get hurt again.

Jared came back into the room a few minutes later with a plate and a glass of water. He set the plate down on my lap and I saw that it was a sandwich. He handed me the water, and I took a sip. It felt heavenly against my dry tongue and burning throat. Jared sat on the edge of the bed. A smile was plastered across his face.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm tired," I said.

"That's normal," he said. "You should be able to sleep it off and feel better in the morning."

I nodded my head and picked up the sandwich. The taste of the bread and cheese masked the taste of the meat. Jared reached out and rested his hand on my knee.

"I heard someone is feeling better."

I looked over to the door to see Gabe. He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. I could feel the heat rush up to my cheeks. Gabe smirked, and Jared looked over his shoulder.

"She's doing good," Jared said.

"I knew she would realize that she is part of this family," Gabe said. "She was stubborn, but you did a good job, Jared."

"Thank you," he said, turning to look back at me.

Gabe unfolded his arms and walked away from the door. Jared watched me as I finished the sandwich. Once I was done, he took the plate and set it on the nightstand. He moved up in the bed and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me toward him so that my head was resting on his chest. I took in a deep breath of his scent.

"You make me so happy," he said. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said.

Jared kissed my forehead and tightened his arms around me. I fell back asleep listening to Jared's heart pound in his chest.

--

"Leah," Jared said.

I opened up my eyes to see Jared was dressed and leaning over my body. I was lying on my stomach, and he was combing his fingers through my hair.