Chapter 2

The drive to Leavenworth was 6 hours. The scenic beauty was mesmerising. Most of the time Jessica and I spent talking until the last hour where I fell asleep. Arnold and Lucas took turns to drive.

"Wake up sweety. We are here" I heard Lucas whisper in my ears and I felt him kiss my forehead.
As I opened my eyes , I was hit by the amazing smell of freshly baked pan cakes. I noticed that Lucas had parked the car in front of a bakery and my gang waited for me. I got off the car and walked towards them. The bakery had a sitting arrangement too. It was a cosy place with a lot of artwork.

We ordered some pancakes, donuts and milkshakes. As we waited for our order, I noticed Jessica had a stressful look on her face as she read something on her phone.
"What's wrong Jes?" I asked. She looked at me and then Arnold. They both stared at each other for what seemed like 2 minutes without saying a word. Yes this was another weird thing they did time again.
Jes and Arnold were the perfect couple. They could rather define the term soulmates. They knew each other too well. And with time I accepted this weird behaviour as well. It seemed like they talked through their eyes. I was about to interrupt their stare game but the server came with our order.

Jes sipped on her drink tensely and so did Arnold. I gave a questioning look to my dear husband but he just shrugged. Cutting through the weird silence I asked,
"So what's the itinerary for today? "
"I spoke to a local about the places to visit and he told to check out the waterfall near by. They said it's a must visit for tourists." Lucas spoke.
"When did you speak to a local? You were besides me all the time ?" I inquired with a raised eyebrow.
"While you were in a deep slumber my sleeping beauty ." He said while kissing my ear. I punched his arm and laughed as that gesture tickled me.
I looked at the other couple and they were doing the weird eye contact thing again.
I coughed loudly to grab their attention.
"Dude. What's up with the two of you ?" I asked again.
"Jordy, why don't you and Luke check out the waterfall, while Arnold and I go and meet a friend of ours. We won't be late . We will see you in the cottage in 2 hours promise. " Jessica said this and immediately moved out of the table hurriedly and Arnold following her.

Before I could speak or say anything they were out of sight. That was weird. I mean I always found this couple weird. But Jessica has never behaved like this . I have never seen her so tensed.
The frown on my forehead vanished immediately as I felt Lucas kissed my temples .

"It's ok babe. They need to meet someone. " he said.
"But she never mentioned any friend that lived here till today." I whined.
"It's okay. I anyway wanted to spend sometime alone with you on our special day."
I smiled brightly at him as he paid the bill.
We left for the hotel we booked. Where we bathed, rested for a while and then left for the waterfall.