Chapter 17

Mark's P.O.V
Vanessa alert. She tried to be mean to our Luna. So I am getting her towards the grounds. She looks confused.
I was at the training grounds when Stacey's voice echoed in my head through our mind link.
Immediately I made it a point to tell Jordan about Vanessa.

I saw my mate and my sister walking towards us. I saw her gasp. Of course she would. I wasn't wearing any shirt after all. Her cheeks reddened when she saw me looking at her as she ogled me.

"Hey." She said quietly.
"Hey , wassup." I tried to act cool and my sister gave me a bored look.
"Hey sugar." I saw Jason run towards Stacey and kiss her. I saw Jordan's confused look. Clearly she saw Stacey in the arms of Josh in the photo and now she is confused that why is Jason kissing her.
I gave her an assuring nod that I would explain her later.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked.
"We are training. We need to be fit and be in perfect shape all the time."
"But why?"
"Because Luna, at times there are rogue attacks, hence we train so that we are prepared." Jason answered her.
"What are rogues?"
"Rogues are just packless wolves. They are wild and strong." I decided to answer her.
"So where do the girls train? I would want to join too." 
I laughed at her. A girl and train? Is she kidding me. Okay looking at her straight face I realised she isn't.
"Girls do not train here Jordy. Girls are not that strong."
"What? What do you mean by that?" I saw Stacey look somewhere far thinking hard.
"Girls here are meant to be in the kitchen or taking care of the kids and their mates. Nothing else."
"Which century do you come from Mark? I can't believe you called us weak." She spat at me. I never thought this quiet little girl can be so out spoken. She took Stacey's arm and turned to walk back. But stopped abruptly when she heard me growl.
Of course I am an Alpha wolf and  I can't take insults.
She turned and looked back at me. I knew my eye color had changed and she should be frightened but she wasn't. She looked angry.

"What the hell Mark?"
And that was enough, no one speaks to an Alpha like that not even the Luna.
I rushed to her and pushed her to the closest tree.
"You must respect the Alpha." I screamed.
Yet I couldn't impose any fear in her. Her eyes held shock, anger and hurt. She was hurt by my action. I immediately felt guilty.
"I thought you were my mate. And mates are equals" She said it through her clenched teeth and pushed me away. I was surprised by the amount of strength she had I was sure so was Jason and Stacey as I had heard them gasp.
And she ran away towards the house. I wanted to run after her but my Alpha instincts didn't allow me to.
"You are a jerk brother."
"You will not speak to the Alpha like that." Jason said to her. Stacey looked at her.
"Whatever." After saying this she ran after Jordan.

Did I fuck up the first day being mates with the person I waited so long.

I trained for another hour and rushed back to my room. Soon I found that Jordan had moved her stuffs to the original room that was assigned to her. After a quick shower I walked to her room.
She wasn't there, after a lot of searching I found her in the kitchen.

She was surrounded by young pups and they were eating cookies. They must have heard me entering as one of the kid called out to me.
"Hello Alpha. Luna makes the best cookies."
"We love her." A cute girl joined in.
I turned to look at her but she just ignored me. After the kids finished their cookies they left Jordan and me alone. Jordan was cleaning the dishes.

"What are you doing?" I asked .
"Cleaning."
"And why is that?"
" because a girl is not strong enough to train." She looked at me with hurt and anger.
"Girls don't train here." I said trying to control my anger.
"Then I don't wish to stay here." Her words stung me so bad that I lost my mind and grabbed her hand to make her turn towards me.
"What did you just say?"
" I said I would leave if women here are not treated equally."
I laughed on her face.
She looked deep into my eyes and asked me the most dreaded question.
"Why does Stacey have a scar running on her face."
My grip on her immediately loosened.
"The pack was at war." I stammered.
"Why? Were the male wolves not strong enough to protect the Alpha's sister?"
And she touched my nerve.
I sat down on the closest stool. Immediately her features softened as she saw me hurting.
"I didn't mean to.."
I didn't let her complete the statement as I dismissed her with my hand. She was reluctant at leaving first but eventually left.
I closed my eyes and the memories of that night was still fresh in my mind. So many lives lost.
I don't know how long I sat there retrospecting.
Soon I felt an arm on my shoulder.
"Mark she doesn't deserve to be our Luna."
The voice was so familiar.
"You will not speak about Jordy like that."
"Mark she is hurting you. And you know that I was promised the Luna position."
"That was because I did not find my mate Vanessa."
"So What if you found your mate, you promised to be mine."
"Are you so dumb Vanessa? Don't you get it ? She is my mate! I can't let anyone but her to be the Luna."
"But she doesn't know how to run a pack! She is from the human world. And above all she has hurt you. I have never seen you this depressed Mark. Please."
She tried to get closer. I can not believe that I had agreed with mom to make her the Luna. After my failed attempts of finding my mate my mom promised Vanessa that she would be the Luna on my 30th birthday as our pack needed a Luna.
Vanessa was my best friend and an amazing person. Since my mother made this promise she changed. She acted with authority and did not respect anyone. She just turned arrogant. Soon we hooked up because I was done waiting for my mate. And her mate. She rejected him. Yes I know that is so wrong but she did it because power blinded her. She met her mate soon after my mother made the promise. But she rejected her. He was a warrior of my pack. But with my permission he asked if he could leave.

She made me face her and that's when I realised that she was already on my lap.
"Vanessa No. Just get down."
" I know how to ease your pain. You would always come to me." And with that she slammed her lips on mine.
I pushed her away but not immediately because it took me sometime to understand what was happening.
My ears were sharp enough to hear a small gasp. I turned around sharply to find my mate standing at the kitchen doorway.
Way to fuck up things.  I heard Vanessa give snicker as Jordan ran up the stairs to the room and I ran behind her.