Chapter 34

Betrayal!
Again from the most trusted person.
"You know Mark?" I was shocked and felt cheated at the same time.
"Yes I do know him. I will see you tomorrow." She slammed the phone without any goodbyes. Was that the reason she did not react on me being a werewolf?
Was she a werewolf too?
My head felt heavy with all these thoughts. I just sat on the bed trying to understand my situation and what should be my move.

My eyes travelled to the window. I can run away.
I walked towards the window and opened it. Looking down I realised the height wasn't much and as I am a werewolf I don't think we can get hurt. I was about to climb the window when a voice stopped me.

"I wouldn't do it if I were you."
I turned to look at Victor who stood at the door frowning at me.
"I don't care." I climbed the window and sat on it with one leg outside and the other inside the room.

"I would catch you again." This time Victor stops besides me. I have no idea how fast he walked towards me.
"Speed is another power I have." He smiled at me. It was a genuine smile and looked deep in my eyes.

"I know you have questions. Many questions and I promise to answer all of them."

I rolled my eyes got off the window pane.

"Great. Let's sit and talk. Shall we?" He said pointing to the bed.

"So tell me Jordan, what do you want to know?" He asked with a lot of sincerity in his voice.

I sighed. I didn't know what to ask him. I didn't know where to start from.

"Why did you want to meet my parents?"

"I thought you would want to know about Jenna first. But anyhow. You had this ability to block your thoughts from me and that made me curious to want to know about your lineage. Only a royal can block the thoughts of another royal." He whispered the last sentence and I turned to him immediately.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you have some blood." He winked at me.

"Wow that answered my question and cleared my doubts." I scoffed.

"Your parents are not who Sophie spoke about."

"Oh now the dying woman is also lying."

"No she wasn't lying either. She just didn't know the entire truth."

"I am listening."

"Sophie didn't know her best friend was somehow linked to a royal. But when she found out, that became a reason why Maria was hunted down by Jared."

He settled himself besides me.

"I still do not understand."

"Jordan, your mother is a royal and so that makes you a royal too."

I immediately stiffed. I found Victor attractive but that would be wrong if we are related.
"So we are cousins now?"

He laughed hard.

"No. It doesn't work like that. There are many royal families. One family rules and the others stay together in the palace. The kings like to mate with other royals so that the blood remains pure."

He looked at me.

"Why did my mother leave the palace then?"

"Maria is my Beta's younger sister."
I started frowning, he had told me that he ruled more than 90 years and he was almost 100. So that meant his beta was old too. That didn't make sense.

As if sensing my confusion he replied.
"Royals age slowly other than the King and his queen of course. Their age gets locked."

He looked at me again with affection. He sighed before he continued.

"Your mother Maria found a mate not in the royal community, this was a rare occurrence but as for werewolves love comes above everything else, we let her go. Soon she started ageing like a normal werewolf and within a year she was pregnant."

He walked towards the window and looked outside.
"I clearly remember that call we had received more than 25 years ago. She sounded so scared. She had called us for help. But the pack was killed before I could reach them."

If I wasn't wrong, I saw tears in his eyes.

"That was the last time I held Maria. That's what I thought then. She kept saying to keep you out of all this. And I was the one who placed you in the human world. I thought if you stayed away maybe you would never turn into a werewolf. And to protect you I sent few of my guards. Jenna was one of them."

He looked at me again.

"But Sophie said, she was the one who sent me away."

He laughed again as if it was a joke.

"That old woman doesn't remember half the things. She must have said that to make you feel better."

"My king!" I heard a deep unknown voice from the door.

There stood a very tall man. For a very unknown reason I felt I knew him. He looked familiar. We had the same set of eyes. He turned towards me and smiled.
He looked back at Victor as if asking for permission. He walked towards me and held my face.

"You look so much like her." He looked deep I to my eyes and continued.
"I am Tom, your mother's brother. Your uncle, your only living family." He hugged me after that.

"I wouldn't say that if I were you Tom." Victor broke the silence.

"What do you mean your majesty?"

"Stop with the curtsy please. I was just saying Maria and her mate are alive."

"What do you mean Victor? You know I hate such pranks."

"He is telling the truth."

"But how?!"

"We have all night for another story I guess. But I would need some coffee first."