Prologue

rap•ture
/ˈrapCHər/
(according to some millenarian teaching) the transporting of believers to heaven at the Second Coming of Christ.

nay•say•er
/ˈneɪ.ˌseɪ.ɚ/
one who denies, refuses, opposes, or is skeptical or cynical about something

While there have been countless speculations over the date of the end of the world, the true "end of the world" is that of the destruction of culture and morality. People think the rapture will come soon, but many believe that it has already happened. They feel as if God has already abandoned the world.

But isn't that nonsense? Those people utter nonsense, and I secretly believe them. I shouldn't, and will deny it to anyone that accuses me of doing so.

'God looks past the meager sins and continually loves the person for who they are.' I constantly tell myself, but will he love me when he learns that I have these doubts?

I'm so used to hearing people questioning their believes:
•He is an awful God for letting this happen.
•If he cared, he wouldn't let this happen to us.
•I asked for this not to happen and he let it happen.
•Is he even listening?
•Is he even real?

When all the naysayers are barraging me with their doubts, my beliefs become virtually impossible to have.

If the gates to heaven need a key to be opened but the devil leaves his unlocked, with his finger pointed at you in your face with mirrored eyes showing reflection of yourself and all the hell in your complexion then how would we protect him?

Isn't God a coward? He sends us angel's down to Earth to do all his dirty work, and he takes all the credit. I've never even seen him, doesn't that mean something? Do we mean anything to him? Are we just some disposable pawns to him?

I keep all these doubts and questions inside, but they're dying to come out. What is honesty if truth isn't behind it? I've been trying to tell the other angel's how I see but I know they're blinded. I try to find it in them but then I get reminded that nothing lasts forever, and forever is timeless.

-k.sj

Kim Seokjin
Classification: Angel

Kim SeokjinClassification: Angel