9. The Celebration

Things had changed between them since the party. Amit was more talkative and receptive towards their relationship. Amit's work had started so had Mansi's placements at college. They hardly had any time to spend together but they were making the best of whatever they were getting. It was a fine day when Mansi got placed. As the results were announced, Amit was the first person that she called. Amit was extremely happy for her and even he had some good news to share. Amit had been working day and night on a proposal for a client for his first project and that proposal was approved by the client today. Amit had scored his first project.

That evening, Amit took Mansi out for dinner at a small but beautiful restaurant and they chatted away. When they returned, Amit opened a bottle of wine for Mansi. For himself, he opened a bottle of scotch. Mansi had never had wine before but she wanted to give it a try. Honestly, she thought it was disgusting but she drank it.

It was getting late and Amit had to go to the office in the morning so they retreated to the bedroom. Amit went and changed first. Mansi decided to take a shower as it had been a long day. She put her hair up in a bun and turned the shower to medium temperature. Her whole body relaxed and the aroma of her body wash soothed her nerves. As she was drying herself up, she realized that she had forgotten her clothes on the bed. After cursing herself for ten minutes, she realized that she did not have any other choice but to ask Amit for help. She quietly opened the bathroom door and walked to the opening of the dressing room. Amit wasn't there in the room so she rushed to the bed and picked up her clothes. As she turned around to rush back to the bathroom, she bumped into something or rather someone. Amit stood there, looking at her with a smirk plastered on his face.

"And would you like to tell me why are you prancing around in a towel around the house," Amit smirked.

Mansi turned red and muttered, "I'm not prancing around the house."

Amit looked at the beautiful girl standing in front of him. His thoughts were all over the place today and the things that he usually tried to look past were dancing in front of him today, tempting him. Like Mansi's lips looked so pink, so soft. He wanted to feel them, to see if they did justice to his imagination.

The towel wrapped around her body did nothing to hide her full figure. She was a temptress, a living and walking temptress and she didn't even know this. The loose strands coming out of her shower bun grazed her neck so gently. Amit's eyes followed their movement. He slowly lifted his finger and traced the movement of the hair with a fingertip. He was happy to see goosebumps erupt all over her body with a small touch. 

Amit put his hand around her waist and pulled her towards him, Mansi gasped at this sudden gesture as she felt her towel coming undone. She clutched the towel over her chest.

Amit looked at her face and chuckled at her bewildered expression. A stray hair fell on her face and Amit removed it with the tip of his finger.

"You are so beautiful," he murmured, his voice husky and full of emotions. As usual, Mansi blushed and did not say anything.

Amit dipped his head in the crook of her neck and started trailing kisses all over. Goosebumps erupted all over Mansi's body as she closed her eyes and let her senses take over her. Butterflies were fluttering around her stomach. She had never felt this way.

Amit stopped suddenly and looked at her. Their eyes met. He could see Mansi's innocence reflected in her eyes. Mansi saw Amit's eyes darken, with love or with lust she couldn't figure out. 

The room echoed with their heavy breathing. Mansi could hear her heartbeat in her ears. The butterflies still there. Words remained unsaid but at that moment, they did not need words to communicate with each other. Mansi had liked Amit since the day she saw the photo and Amit realized that he was falling in love. He was falling in love with his wife and there was no coming back because she had captivated his heart with her innocence.

Minutes pass, the butterflies in Mansi's stomach were slowly relaxing although they hadn't changed their position. Mansi was still in Amit's arms clutching her towel. She tried to free herself but Amit's grip tightened. He did not want to let go.

Amit was sure that this courage was due to the alcohol that he had consumed or he would have never been able to come this close to her. Amit had never been this close to any other girl. He had never felt this way for any other girl. When he got married, he was sure that he can never fall for any girl and that is why he had kept the conditions but he was a changed man now.

"A..Amit," Mansi muttered, trying to break free. 

"Hmm," Amit replied. 

"I...I need to go get changed." Mansi said.

Amit took a deep breath and let go of her. She quickly grabbed the towel and tied it back. As looked up at Amit again, picked up her clothes and turned around only to be pulled back by Amit. Before she could register what was happening, Amit planted his lips on hers.

*********************

VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE !!