C h a p t e r 3

Avery's eyes slowly and groggily opened. Her first immediate thoughts were that she finally had a good nights rest. She sighed happily a soft smile gracing her face from the comfort she was feeling. A soft bed with soft blankets and fluffy pillows. Absolutely wonderful.

After pondering for a moment she sat straight up and looked around. She was in a bedroom? Utterly confused Avery got out of the bed. She assumed she was in the ranch house since that was where she had collapsed last. She smiled and thanked the gods that the people there were kind enough to even let her inside her house, better yet to spend a night there.

Avery opened the door very quietly. After seeing or hearing no one she slowly left the room and walked down the stair case. Once she reached down stairs she still heard absolutely nothing.

"Strange..." she whispered to herself. Was anyone here? She did not know.

The sound of horses lured her to the back yard. The back door was open allowing her to see two men working through the screen door. One was tending the horses the other was carrying saddles to the stable. She quietly stepped outside the door onto the back porch step. Neither men had noticed her but a little young foal did. The young foal stumbled over to her with wobbly legs and nipped at her clothes. Avery couldn't help the joyous smile on her face. The horse was simply too adorable. She gently stroked the foals maine and a full grown horse took notice trotting over to her and lying down to watch over its child. The young foal pranced  around  Avery as she laughed with joy.

Unknowingly her laughter was loud enough for the two men to hear and they made their way over to her. Both had a smile on their face as they watched her play with the horses.

Avery was lost in her own world and never noticed the men walking towards her until one of them cleared their thoughts.

She looked up quickly and stood straight up.

"I'm sorry!" Avery said with embarrassment.

"No need to be sorry princess, let us introduce ourselves I'm Greyson-"

"And I'm Adam"

Greyson calling her princess made her cheeks heat up in a blush. She shyly looked towards the ground, not wanting them to know.

"It's nice to meet you boys. Thank you for letting me stay here, if I may ask what exactly happened?"

"Come inside you must be starving, we can all talk over breakfast." Greyson walked passed Avery and opened the door for her as she slowly stepped inside. She continued to follow Greyson through a swinging door downstairs that led to the kitchen. Adam was following closely behind her. The most wonderful aroma of waffles filled her nose immediately making her stomach growl. Which caused them all to chuckle. There cooking in the kitchen was another man.

"Callum she's up" Adam said. Callum turned around rather quickly making her jump and him laugh.

"Hello Princess, I'm Callum" there's that word again, princess. The  heat reaches her cheeks once again and she shyly looked away from Callum while shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Callum" Avery said.

"Well everything's about ready! Let's call in the other two and start to eat since our princess here seems to be very hungry!" Callum smirked at Avery playfully.

"Others?" Avery asked in confusion.

"Yes there's two more of us Monte and Luca" Avery sighed at hearing the name Luca, at least one other girl was here.