C h a p t e r 1 8

It had been three hours. Avery sat on the couch while Jax sat stationed on a chair in front of the door. They had been arguing all this time.

"Avery you don't understand your own feelings you are just confused give me a chance!" He screamed at her. Anger and frustration clear in his voice.

"Jax. For the last. Time. I do not have any feelings towards you. That is why I'm not giving you a chance. I do not like you, I am already in love and that is all there is to it. You yelling at me and not letting me leave is not helping me to even remotely like you not just romantically but as a person." Avery sat with her arms crossed over her chest. She was beyond annoyed and frustrated. She could've  been close to the ranch by now. She could've been close to home. But she was trapped here by this douche bag. She sighed. I just need to wait for one opportunity. This is insanity that I have to go through this.

"GODDAMIT!" Adam screamed out for the millionth time that day.

"Adam you need to stop blaming yourself." Luca walked over to him and gently patted his back.

"Shes gone because of me Luca. She's injured and is who knows where. S-she could be dead for all we know. I have no knowledge of the extent of her head injuries. If they were bad there is no way she'd make it through." The mere thought of this only brought him to more rage. He flung the bottle of beer from the counter.

The kitchen has been wrapped and blocked off from the rest of the house. It was the only major room that took serious damage from the fire.

As soon as Luca and Monte set off to the hospital with Greyson Adam went searching for Avery and Callum had worked with the police that arrived shortly after to put out the fire.  Avery's father was arrested and a search had been announced on the news the next morning looking for Avery.

"Callum should've helped me find her immediately." Adam huffed out. He knew it wasn't good to blame his friend but at this moment in time he needed to place the blame anywhere he could to deflect.

"If the ranch burned down Avery would never have been able to find us. She doesn't have her phone and this is the only chance we have to find her." Adam plopped onto the couch reasoning with himself that Callum had made the right choice. He placed his head in his hands and couldn't help but cry.

"DAMMIT!" He screamed out. Luca hated seeing him in so much pain but he understood. He felt just as much pain as he did. Luca sat down next to him and embraced him tightly.

"We will see her again Adam don't worry." Luca spoke into his shoulder. I hope.

"Let me leave Jax. You are holding me hostage. If you don't let me leave right now I will make sure the first place I go after this is to the cops." Avery gritted her teeth.

Jax stood up. His face darkening. He walked towards her slowly and smiled.

"Well if I'm already committing one crime, I might as well commit another." He stated.

"W-what do you mean by that-" Avery's words were cut off by his lips meeting hers forcefully. She closed her mouth tightly and refused to move her mouth as she struggled against him. Jax squeezed her arms tightly while biting her lip drawing blood. He pulled away smacking her across the face. Avery slowly held her hand to her cheek, her eyes widened in shock.

"You didn't even kiss me back." Jax aggressively spit out.

She looked into her eyes still widened with horror.

"You talk about how you wanted to help me when we were younger, but you were too weak. And now you've just turned into another abuser in my life. You don't love me Jax. I don't know why you have this weird obsession but it is most defiantly not love. Please let me go." Avery pleaded as tears built within her eyes. Jax roughly grabbed her chin.