C h a p t e r 1 4

Callum paced back and forth in the living room clearly disturbed. The rest of the boys were restless as well but no one dared to say anything until Callum began.

Avery sat on the couch nervous. The words she had just spoken angered all of them. She was hoping they'd understand but now she wasn't so sure.

"So let me get this straight" Callum finally broke the silence, "you want to see your father, the man who quite  literally beat you, for what reason exactly?" He placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose clearly trying to calm himself down.

"W-well... because h-he's my dad after all, I don't want him to worry..." She trailed off. Greyson walked over to the couch and sat next to her lightly stroking her cheek.

"Princess he didn't give a shit about you now what in the world makes you think that he's going to care now?" She didn't know how to answer so she merely shrugged her shoulders.

Monte gently lifted up her shirt and trialed the light scars that littered her back, "he did this to you, who cares what he feels at this point. You shouldn't go near him. I won't let you."

"Monte enough. Avery can do whatever she wants she's her own person. However if you do go, we will most definitely accompany you." Callum finally said.

Avery gave a light smile, "I know this is hard for you to understand. But he is my father after all. He's a piece of shit, I'm well aware. That doesn't make him any less of my father and I at least want to check in on him to see if he's surviving without me."

"I don't like it, not one bit but, I do understand." Luca started. He'd been silent for most of the time.

"Thank you all..." she whispered out with a slight smile.

"Well shit when you look as cute as that who could say no to you!" Luca ran over to Avery and tackled her with a hug. She couldn't help but giggle as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Well that's that then. We'll get ready and then go to Avery's house let's just get it done and over with." Callum dismissed them.

Everyone looked at each other to see who would move first. Avery flung herself off the couch and raced towards the stairs but Greyson grabbed her hoodie and tugged her down while racing past her. She grabbed Greyson's ankle and yanked on it as hard as she could causing him to fall.

"See ya suckers!" Luca said while racing past the two, unfortunately for him Monte shoved past him beating everyone.

Avery was already back on her feet and she slipped under Montes arm going back to first place.

"Later boys!" She said while running into her room and locking the door behind her.

"Dammit Avery let us win for once!" Monte yelled out. As the boys stood there with defeat Adam causally walked by them going into the second bathroom with a smug smirk on his face.

"GODDAMMIT ADAM!" Adam heard Monte scream from the other side of the door.

"We do not have enough bathrooms in this house." Monte grumbled out with murmurs of agreement from Greyson and Luca.

The warm water hit her back as Avery stood in the shower. She hadn't even washed herself yet but she knew she'd been in there for at least 15 minutes.

A soft knock was heard on the bathroom door and a soft voice quickly followed.

"Avery? You okay in there?"

Avery was too lost within her own mind to even hear the voice better yet respond.

"Avery?" He asked once again. Worry quickly began to build up and he quickly opened the door startling Avery.