C h a p t e r 1 5

The nervousness omitting from Avery put all of them on edge. Avery sat tucked between Monte and Greyson her tiny hands desperately holding on to theirs. Adam was driving and Callum lightly rubbed circles on Lucas' hand in the backseat.

"Oh god, there it is" Avery let out a nervous laugh while Adam pulled up to the rundown apartment. They all quietly filed out of the car. Hesitantly, Avery made her way to the building and climbed the familiar steps to the third story.

Room 307 there it was in the worn down letters. None of the boys knew what to say but they lingered closely to assure her she wasn't alone.

Avery brought her hand up and lightly knocked three times.

"What who is it!" What do you want!" A croaky voice rang out. Thumping was heard and the door slammed open. Surprise was clear on the mans face.

"You little bitch! Where have you been!" The man opened the screen door and yanked her arm forward, before he could close it Monte placed his shoe in the doorway. He was beyond pissed. The first thing he says to his missing daughter is "you little bitch"? No you've got to be fucking kidding.

"Hi dad... these are my friends I've been staying with... I just wanted to check up on you to see if you're alright?" Avery's voice was full of fear and this angered each and every one of them.

"So you ran away to be a slut. You're just like your whore mother you ungrateful brat!" Her father tossed her to the side and she smashed into empty bottles of beer. Monte had immediately punched the guy in the face while Callum raced over to Avery, swiftly taking her out of the apartment and back to the car.

"Well that went...well." Avery laughed a little trying to lighten the mood and reassure herself.

"You have cuts all over you that did not go well Avery. That probably was the worst case scenario." Luca said he was beyond pissed that anyone would do that to another human being. It disgust him. Only a few minutes passed before they were on their way back home. The only time someone spoke was when asking Avery if she was okay.

"Guys I'm fine my god. It's just a few cuts we just need a bandaid and then it's fine." Avery groaned at their needless worry.

"We just want to make sure you are okay Avery that is all. And not just physically. Really not physically at all. How are you feeling?" Adam sat beside her on the couch with the first aid kit, carefully disinfecting her cuts and then bandaging them.

"I guess I'm defiantly shaken up. I didn't even get to have an actual conversation with him instead I got tossed like a rag doll. Such a prick I swear." Avery leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. Quiet sobs began to fill the room but it wasn't Avery.

She bolted up to see Luca silently crying in a heap on the ground, a few sobs escaping his lips. Callum and Avery quickly rushed over to him.

"Luca are you okay? What's wrong love?" Avery whispered out.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. You're the one who should be crying. I just feel so fucking useless. I'm sorry Avery. I should've done something, I should've made sure you didn't get hurt I-" Avery cut him off with a kiss.

"You are so sweet Luca thank you for worrying. There was nothing you could have done, it all happened so fast." She gently spoke out.

"I agree with her, Luca." Callum leaned in and softly pecked him on the lips.

Avery gasped in surprise. So when they said they all loved each other they meant love love. She had had a feeling that this was the case and she never minded it, but now her suspicions were proven true.