All or nothing

"Moving?!?" Kokichi shouted in confusion and disbelief.

"Yes, so go upstairs and start packing," she narrowed her eyes as she glared at Shuichi, "Make sure your friend doesn't cause any trouble."

The taller male looked down at his hand, focusing on the red string which was tied around his index finger. He blocked out the sounds of Kokichi and his mother arguing as he grew lost in thought.

'He's....moving away..?'

'I'm going.. I'm going to lose him..'

'...I'll..lose my soulmate...'

Shuichi looked back up as the purple-haired individual began to lead him upstairs. Once the two got in Ouma's room, Kokichi slammed the door as hard as he could and leaned his back against it.

There was a blank expression on his face as he remained quiet, unable to speak.

"K-Kokichi...l-look on the bright side! Maybe you're moving closeby..?" Saihara stated in attempts to lighten the mood. Despite his efforts, the shorter male didn't say a word.

Shuichi bit his lip, "A-and...maybe you'll be living in a bigger plac-"

"Let me get the bandaids, nishi~"

The taller male took the hint that he didn't want to face that he was moving away, so he remained silent. Shuichi watched as Kokichi left the room, quickly returning to him afterwards.

"Got em!~"

Saihara sat down on the bed, but refused to take the box of bandaids, "You first."

"I'm fine! I'm used to this!"

Shuichi sighed and took the item, but softly pulled Kokichi close to him as he opened the box. He silently cleaned and patched the other's cuts before doing the same for himself.

Shuichi let out a chuckle, "We both have multiple injuries... I can't tell who has more."

"It's kinda weird that you're laughing about this."

"Well..it's just that.. I'll remember moments like this when you're.. g-gone.."

"Why would you want to remember?" Ouma asked in a bit of a serious tone, but tried to recover from it by acting playful again, "It'll only make things worse, ShuShu~"

"..After all you've done for me, I don't want to forget you.." Shuichi moved his hand to weave his fingers with Kokichi's, "I.. I d-don't want you t-to leave.."

Ouma shrugged, "What can I do? Life's just like that, y'know? Even if I refused to go, even if I was left behind, I'd die living out on the streets."

"...I can't let you go.." Shuichi looked downwards, gripping onto Kokichi's hand even tighter, "I.. I just c-can't.."

Kokichi did his best to prevent himself from breaking down as the other started crying.

"S-Shuichi.. I.." The smaller male trailed off mid sentence, finding it harder than he thought to hold in his own tears. "..Don't cry over someone like me.."

Saihara looked up into his eyes, "I c-cant...I can't stop! I'll d-do anything just to k-keep you from moving.."

Ouma moved his other hand up to cup Shuichi's cheek. He gently wiped his tears away with his thumb, "Don't say crazy stuff like that..~"

"..S-Sorry..but it's true.. I just can't lose you."

"I don't want to leave.. but there's nothing either of us can do, is there?~" Ouma smiled fakely, trying to lighten up the mood.