War wounds

Kaito ran into the house, tightly clutching onto the wooden bat in his hands. Kokichi had advised him to bring a weapon over the phone, so he was certain that he had to use it against the man he saw that was dragging Shuichi along the floor.

By the time the adult looked over at Momota, he had already been struck in the arm with the bat. He grunted and released his grip off of his nephew while giving Kaito a harsh death glare. The uncle raised his fists up and shifted into a fighting stance, "I dare you to try that again."

Meanwhile, Kaito was taking a few seconds to reflect on the situation that he was in; Ouma gave him the address to this home..and it definitely isn't Shuichi's house. Is it Ouma's? It must be, who else would it belong to...

Momota raised his bat up to prepare to swing it again. As he did, he couldn't help but glance down at the weak, abused Saihara on the ground who was slowly trying to get back on his feet. His eyes widened in disbelief, Shuichi's uncle.. did this to him?

On extremely rare occasions, Kaito had spotted marks on Shuichi's body at school, mainly on his arms and face. He always assumed that some low-rank had beat him up, which is why he frequently pushed his friend to grow tougher and act more like a high-rank. Has it been his uncle's fault this entire time?? He thought to himself, but grew too distracted.

He was anything but prepared for when the uncle snatched the bat out of his hands and aimed for his neck, "What a foolish boy."

Kaito was knocked off of his feet, but quickly got back up with a hand over his throat. "F-fuck.." he choked out through the pain. The male held his other arm up to block the next swing from the uncle who was definitely not holding back. Is he trying to kill me?!

With his uncle distracted, the blue haired male quietly raised himself off the ground and limped his way out of the room to find his soulmate. Saihara desperately wanted to help Kaito fight his uncle, but he was not even close to being recovered enough to do such a thing. He could only hope that he will be fine.

"Ah, Kaito, I'm honestly a bit thankful that you tried to keep Shuichi in line by teaching him how to be a proper high rank...." The man attempted to attack him again, but was blocked by Kaito's bruised arm. "Unfortunately, you and your wealthy family bought their titles. It's a pathetic, disgraceful, and inappropriate way to become a high rank. It's just as bad, if not worse, than being a low rank."

Saihara's uncle aimed for Kaito's leg to knock the student off of his feet, "You should be ashamed."

~~

"K-Kokichi...? Kokichi..where are you?"

There was no way that Shuichi was going to give up now. This situation was too hurtful, if he had simply stayed away from Kokichi, then he wouldn't have been attacked.. then he wouldn't have been injured or hurt.. but even he knew that he couldn't go back in time and change things.. he just had to save him, no matter the cost. This was all his fault.

The navy haired boy kept limping with every step, finding it harder and harder with each and every move forward that he took. What if Ouma was already dead.. what if he had killed him by dragging him and getting him involved with this complete mess?

He took a panicked look down at his hand and took a shaky sigh of relief when he saw that the string was still red. He pushed himself against a door and swung it open, revealing a completely empty room, but a distinct smell of burning was obvious. He knew that smell far to well to ever forget it..

He pulled himself around and lent against the opposite door, twisting the handle with a weak grip. There are no words to describe what the scene was that was before him.

Everything was ablaze and the entire room was near to engulfed in flames. He instantly covered his mouth and nose with his hand, to desperately slow down the rate that smoke was flooding into his lungs.

He took a step forward, but that switched to a run, the heat didn't bother him anymore, he knew that his skin was beginning to blister and his feet were starting to burn, but none of that mattered as he ran towards his soulmate who was unconscious on the brink of death on the floor, tied to the metal bed frame.

"C-Come on Kokichi.. don't die.. don't ever.." he choked out as he intoxicating smoke began to cloud his vision, "..leave me.."