3.

Daenerys climbs out of Sam's truck and closes the door behind her before turning to look into the truck. Sam leans over to talk to her and he can see how nervous she is about this. And Sam feels for her.

"I'll be waiting out here after school, okay?" Sam asks her, Daenerys nods and runs her hands over her clothing, it's so weird for her, this is modern, normal clothing, not her Westerosi Targaryen clothing, she feels...awkward. "You look fine" Sam assures her. "Very....normal" she looks to him.

"I don't know how to do this" she admits.

"It's not for long" Sam tells her. "Jorah will be back before you know it" she nods and readjusts her shoulder bag. "Just...be nice" he offers. "And be careful" she nods and turns to the school, Sam watches her a moment, trying not to be amused by the fact this Princess is crapping herself over high school. That she finds the idea of ruling easier then school is amusing to him. But he can't baby her, she has to do this, she has to be 'normal' to stay hidden. Sam drives away and Daenerys clutches her bag closer to herself.

.................

Latin is the only class Edward Cullen has without Bella, this year. It's an elective, and one of the only languages he doesn't know fluently yet. He won't admit it but being back in Forks, being back with Bella, it's....different and he can't put his finger on why it's different now, it just is. After Italy, he expected things to go back to how they were before he left, maybe he expected it to be a little easier, but it's not. It's so not. He frowns a little sensing something in his peripheral, glancing up his eyes find Daenerys, stood nervously at the front of the class, fiddling with a bracelet around her wrist. He concentrates on her mind, sitting up straighter with what he sees and hears. Fire. And strange written language. He is no expert at languages but even he knows that's not one known, and it's captivating, though he can't fully penetrate her mind, like the fire is...barricaded it away, like a ring of protective fire, he wants to read her mind, he wants to read more. Mrs Karstrofski, the Latin teacher turns to the class, ready to address them.

"So as you can guess we have a new student joining us" Mrs Karstrofski introduces standing at Daenerys' side. "This is Dany Uley. She's an exchange student from England" Mrs Karstrofski adds and then looks to Daenerys. "Do you want to say something?" Daenerys shakes her head.

"No, thank you" she offers. "I would much rather get on with it" Mrs Karstrofski nods and smiles before motioning to the empty seat in front of Edward. Daenerys nods and moves to take the seat, aware that every set of eyes in the room are on her. She takes the seat and pulls her bag off of her shoulder setting it next to the table leg. She sweeps her hair over her shoulder and pulls out her notebook and pen. Edward can't take his eyes off of her, she's.....beautiful. And he's not the only one to think so. Every teenage boy in the room has their eyes on her, and a few of the girls actually too.

...........

Daenerys stands at her locker subtly glancing around, she sighs and sets her books in her locker, she traces the spine of it before pulling back a little.

"Dany" Edward greets, she turns to him, Bella and Alice, Edward's tiny sister, who smiles at her.

"Yes?" Daenerys asks them closing her locker.

"I was wondering what you were doing for lunch" Edward muses, Bella frowns slightly, not really understanding why they are here, she feels something off about the Uley girl, at least she does within the last 3 seconds of meeting her.

"I'm not really hungry" Daenerys comments pulling her bag over her shoulder. "So I will probably go to the library"

"You could join us?" Edward offers, Daenerys looks to him, Bella frowns at his side, Edward doesn't go out of his way to talk to other people.

"Of course you should" Alice agrees with a smile. Edward shoots her a look, Alice shrugs back at him.

"Urm..." Daenerys pauses a moment before nodding. "Sure" she accepts quietly and looks to Bella. "I'm Dany Uley" she offers.

"Right" Bella agrees. Edward shoots Bella a look. "Bella Swan" Bella adds. "Edward's girlfriend" she adds, as if it needed to be added given how she is practically hanging off of him, marking her territory. It's not needed. Daenerys has no interest in boys, or staying here, once Jorah fixes everything she is going home.

......................

In the cafeteria Daenerys sits in the empty seat between Angela and Alice. Jasper, Alice's other half and Edward's brother, sits on Alice's other side. Mike, Jessica and Eric sit across from them on Angela's other side. Daenerys sets her boxed salad on the table and touches the top of it, she wasn't lying before, she is too stressed out to eat.

"Your last name is Uley, right?" Jessica asks, Daenerys nods. "Any relation to Sam Uley, down on the reservation"

"With the gang?" Eric asks.

"Gang?" Daenerys asks amused thinking. "Not really a gang, not that I've seen any way" she answers. "But...Sam is my cousin....2nd cousin"

"Really?" Mike asks looking over Daenerys, she raises an eyebrow back.

"Why do you sound surprised?" she asks.

"Well you are a little paler of skin then..." Angela tries tactfully. "The others of the tribe, and your hair is very....platinum"

"You are saying I am too...white" Daenerys offers with a smile. "In every sense of the word?" Daenerys hates to lie, but she is to call on her cover story to keep herself hidden, it's easier too then explaining that her blood is magic and that's why she has white hair and pale skin. "I'm adopted" Daenerys whispers, the table relaxes and smiles at her. Angela shifting closer to talk to her. Edward sits across from Daenerys, Bella on one side, Alice and Jasper on the other.