CHAPTER 17: RESULTS

***Two months later***

" mama come and see I've made my waec result " I shouted as I enter the compound. Our waec result was out and a lot of people have checked theirs some made their papers while some didn't but I'm happy I made mine.

Mama came out of her room to see why I was shouting her name like a crazy woman.

" what is it, why are you shouting, " mama asked.

" mama I passed my paper. I passed with three credits and five B" I said while showing her. I was so happy.

" I'm so proud of you my darling daughter, you've made me proud," said mama while hugging me.

After we pull away from our mother and daughter hug, mama promised to prepare my favorite which is yam and fried egg. Wow, today is one of the happiest days of my life. Since I passed my jamb and now my waec, kasu, here I come.

**a Few hours later. **

Baba and my brother rejoiced with me and each one of them promised to gift me something. We all settled in baba's room since it's spacious and can contain all of us. We were all having our family night bonding, you get. We ate our yam and fried egg. After that, ya Ahmad brought out the suya he bought when I called and told him about the good news. We also eat it to our satisfaction.

After everyone left to his or her room, I decided to share the good news with Aisha and I pray she also made her paper. I went into my room to retrieve my phone to call Aisha.

" babe how far" came Aisha's voice.

" I'm fine o, so have you checked your waec result," I asked

" you know, I'm so lazy to check but have you checked yours," she asked. she is so lazy, I know if her parent didn't force her to go to school she wouldn't. She is not a lover of school.

" yes oo, I cleared everything," I said happily. Aisha was also happy for me she kept shouting congrats.

" make sure you check it tomorrow or don't worry come to my house tomorrow so we can check it together in aunty Bisi's shop," I said.

Since aunty Bisi's shop is close to my house it will be easier if she comes to my house.

" OK, see you tomorrow "

I ended the call

*****

" don't worry you will clear your paper," I said to a fidgeting Aisha. She came to my house around 10 am. We both were in aunty Bisi's shop to check her results but it's still loading.

" YES! I cleared it, look Ameera" she said pointing at the computer. I'm so happy for her, she had three B and five credits.

" congrats girl, we're gonna rock kasu this year," I said while we high-fived.

" yes oo" she replied.

We paid aunty bisi for her service and left for my house.

We salaamed as we made our way into the compound, mama answered and welcome us with a smile and the eagerness to know whether Aisha cleared her paper.

" mama guess what," Aisha said.

" eye children, I knew you would clear your paper and I'm so proud of you two," said mama pulling us for a hug.

" What is the occasion, what are we celebrating " came ya kabiru's voice.

We pull away from the hug and mama explained why we were happy to him.

" Wow, congrats Aisha," he said with a brotherly smile and my dear friend Aisha was seriously blushing. Did I tell you Aisha has a crush on my brother when we were 14yrs and he was 18yrs then? My brother only sees her as a sister but I would have loved it if they end up together so I can have a cute nephew.

" Thanks ya Kabir," she said to him.

" So since I'm also a proud brother and I want to treat you, girls, out so, therefore, I would give you girls just 5 minutes to dress up and meet me outside" he announced and we squealed. We ran to my room to retouch our make-up.

**Five minutes later**

We met ya Kabiru outside with a napep man waiting for us. Ya Kabir saw us coming and said " I thought I will have to drag you girls out before you come out," he said jokingly " what were you girl even doing," he asked

"We were rubbing makeup, you know girls stuff" I answered. While Aisha was seriously blushing that make me wonder if her crush for my brother has rekindled. Yes, it is back.

" girls and makeup " he grumbled.

We enter into the app and I made sure Aisha sat in the middle. Since ya, Kabiru has broken up with his girlfriend ( hamidah) and this is the best opportunity to join them together.

Hamidah's parents married her to one of her rich cousins.

We stop at the gate of the park. There was a sigh board with WONDERLAND written on it. It's a new park and I've been meaning to come to see it but I don't have the money.

We all got down from the napep and ya Kabiru paid the napep man. We walked inside the gate of the park and paid for the money, although it was ya Kabiru that paid.

The place is filled up with people and there are so many exciting things to see. You might think that parks are for small kids but come and see what I'm seeing, the park is filled up with grown-ups like my age. In some angle, you'll see couples and other part friends some part family and so on

We went straight to the ice cream shop and ya Kabir asked what flavor we wanted.

" I want the banana and vanilla flavor," I said and Aisha also wants the same thing as I while ya Kabiru loves the chocolate flavor.

After that, we went to all the fun parts of the place which was so exciting.

" I hope you girls are enjoying yourself, " asked y, a Kabir.

" yes we are and thanks again for bringing us here," said Aisha with a smile. They were both smiling at each other and anyone would think they were lovers. I cleared my voice and they broke their lovely stare.

" since you love birds are done staring at each other we can now move " I teased and ya Kabiru shot me a glare and my dear friend was as usual blushing.

I laughed as we made our way to another fun part.

" Just stop it already," a beautiful lady said to a guy she was standing with. Maybe he is her husband, I thought.

From the scowl on her face, you will know that the man said something to annoy her. The guy should be around ya Ahmad's age and the lady maybe around my age. They look is cute together.

" OH baby you just wound me" the guy hold his chest dramatically, he looked like a playboy but from the way he was looking at the lady you would know that he likes her.

" wallah, khalifa you better stop" she threatened

What a fun couple, I thought.

" Why are you looking at does couple" Aisha pointed at them.

I laughed and said " they are so funny "

" whatever, come let's join ya, Kabir. He went to get some extra ice cream for us" she said with a soft smile lingering on her lips.

***

Please don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Share 🙏