CHAPTER 24: UNHAPPY

Aisha's POV

For the past weeks, I've been going to their Ameera's house and I noticed the look ya kabiru(ameera's brother) always gives me. It make's chill run all over my body and It felt like my body is on fire ,it's like he is trying to tell me something with his beautiful eyes, sigh, I can't just explain it. Ameera told me how he reacted when she lied about me liking someone and I needed advice and I was so happy that he at least or I pray that he at least likes me ,if not I don't even know any other way for him to notice me.

Although, I may have a pending issue with my father,about the marriage with his friends son and I know that my dad won't listen to me. I misused the chance he gave me.

But how could I have known that bashir was a liar,that good for nothing taut.

A knock on my door brought me out of my thought. My little brother came in.

"Aisha, dad wants to talk to you" he said.

"OK, I'm coming" after I answered he left .

What does dad want to talk to me about.. I wondered.

I hurriedly went out of my room to the sitting room to join dad.

On my way to the sitting room, I kept praying that it's not something serious , because when ever dad calls all of a sudden to talk ,then its has to be something serious.

When I reach the sitting room , I meet dad and mom already waiting for me. I greeted the two of them and dad told me to sit down.

This must be serious.. I taught.

Dad cleared his throat " OK, Aisha do you remember the conversation we had last time ,about my friend whose son is in town already and want to marry you" dad started while I nod my head.

My heart skip a bit

" OK, your mother has pick a date for the wedding and I don't want to hear any further complains. "

" but dad" I drawled.

" I don't want to hear anything from your mouth, the last time I gave you a chance to choose who you want , have you forgotten that you misused it . " he retorted.

" but dad I want to finish my university first before getting married" I tried to make him understand .

" you can finish it in your husband's house"
Immediately he said this I shut my mouth up because dad won't even listen to any of my complaints at all.

" Amir would come tomorrow to see you"he said

" since we are done here, your mother would start the preparation for the marriage. It just one month from now" he said and got up and left.

No no no this can't be happening all over again . I kept muttering.

" dear get up " my mom's voice brought me out of my trace . I can't believe that it's happening again.

I got up from the floor and sat on the chair close to mom.

" dear you need to understand your father, he was so disappointed about what happened the last time and he has made his decision dear"

" mom, so this is the decision " I said as I dramatically wave my hand in the air.

" don't talk to me like that" mom said

" I'm sorry mom, but I don't even know this amir guy of a sudden thing and how do you expect me to love someone I don't even know mom" I explained.

My mom gave me a concern expression and came forward to sit close to me.

" I understood where you're coming from but you need to do this"

" mom what if ---what if-" I tried saying but I don't know how to put what I want to say to her in words.

" go on dear,what is it"

" mom, I like someone " I immediately said and closed my eye. I don't want to see her reaction cos I don't know if she would be happy with my confession.

" who is the lucky man " she said instead and I was surprised she wasn't angry or mad at me.

" mom it erm it's ya kabiru " I said whole picking on my nails.

" who is he ?" " don't tell me you're talking about Ameera' s brother" she asked and her expression gave it away that she was surprised.

" yes mom" I shyly answered

" wow , I didn't see this coming." she said still surprised.

" mom please stop" I drawled.

" but Aisha their is nothing you could do about this feeling you said you have , you need to understand that your father has made his decision and no one can stop him" mom said with a concerned expression.

" mom please try and talk to dad ,please mom" I begged.

She shake her head in a pitiful way and said " dear he has made his decision and their is no going back"

Mom pat my cheeks and raised my head to her eye level.

" I wish their is something I could do to help " she said

"Don't forget ,your dad said Amir is coming over to see you tomorrow. Try and do what your father wants " she said while I nod my head.

After our little chat , I went to my room. I immediately called Ameera and told her what happened and she was also not happy about it.

*******

" salam alaikum" I said as I entered into my dad's sitting room. That was where Amir was waiting to see me.

" waalaikum salam" came his manly reply. I didn't even bother to look at him ,I just went straight to sit on the chair facing him.

The room was quiet for a while and I'm not going to start a conversation. If he doesn't start ,then its better to sit in silent.

"How are you" he cleared his voice. From the way he asked ,one will know that he is nervous.

" I'm fine and you"

" I'm OK " he answered

That was how we started our conversation . we only talked about basic thing . like, how is his family and some petty petty question I couldn't even asked about how he felt about this marriage of a thing.

*******

Please don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Share