Stand Up - Nallie

For Allie Moran! :D

--------------

You had just left the music school, that you attended in New York, for the day. It was time to go home and relax. The only thing was the miserable ride home on the subway. It was never pleasant but you had no other way to get home.

Today, you found yourself sitting next to a blond, he was wearing sunglasses and a snapback. Very mysterious. But you were friendly enough to make conversation. You turned to face him with a cheeky smile, "Hi, I'm Allie."

He nodded but didn't say anything. This frustrated you, also the fact that he was wearing sunglasses in a subway? That was also irritating. "So, the sun sure does shine underground. I can understand the whole snapback and sunglasses look. Very nice." You gave him a thumbs up.

"Thanks." He either didn't catch your sarcasm or he was really stupid.

"You're ridiculous." You removed his sunglasses making him bury his face in his hands. What was his deal?

"Can I have those back, please?" He muttered angily at you. Oh God, what if you were sitting next to a vampire?

"Why do you need them?"

"I don't wanna be recognized." Okay? Who was this guy and why was he freaking out over being noticed? Maybe he was a drug dealer and his enemies were looking for him! Now here you were conversating with him when you could very well be killed!

"Who are you?"

He looked up and your throat went dry, you knew exactly who he was. "I'm Niall Horan." He whispered lowly. "Please, don't scream."

You cleared your throat and handed him his glasses, "Of course. Here."

"Thanks. Sorry for being rude but I got hungry and left without the boys, so when I got to our hotel there was no one there. So, I have to take the subway to get there."

"Oh, I'm sorry, that sucks." You bit your lip, looking around nervously.

He looked around too then turned to you, "What's your story?"

"I go to a music school here but my apartment is pretty far from there."

"Ah, and what do you play?" He suddenly looked interested now that music was mentioned.

"I play violin, guitar, piano, drums and the flute." You blushed, you didn't mean to sound like you were bragging but it kind of came out like that.

"No wonder that music school wanted you." He smiled, "Do you sing?"

"Oh no.. I can't sing very well. I do write lyrics though, but I have other people sing them."

He searched you grey-blue eyes for something, "I used to get put down all the time. Some people said I couldn't sing but that never stopped me from going after what I wanted. Now, look where I am."

"What are you saying?"

He sighed, "Just because you think you can't sing doesn't mean that you can't try. You write lyrics, right?" You nodded and he continued. "Those lyrics are meaningful to you, they can only be sang correctly by you."

You started to laugh, "That's awfully nice of you but I know I can't sing. I am good at other things with my mouth." You teased jokingly, always cheeky.

He smiled at that and pushed his sunglasses down, "I might have to take you up on finding out what ekse you're good at."

You blushed a bright red, "Can I give you my number?" He nodded and gave you his in return.