Chapter 29 A & B - Storm

Chapter 29 A - Storm

Lavanya Kashyap, now Raizada, sat on her bed nervously as she watched NK close the drapes to their room. He suddenly turned to her, his face soft and genuine.

"It's been a tiring day for you. You should get some rest." He suggested, putting his hand on hers gently.

It was true; Lavanya was feeling drowsy and quite exhausted physically. She smiled back and nodded, her eyes already drooping close on their own accord.

"I'm going to go change, and I will be back. Do you need anything?" NK asked.

Before he could walk away, she called out his name making him turn to face her.

"Thank you. For everything." She said.

He stared at her for a couple of moments, and she wondered what he could possibly be thinking.

"There is no need to thank me Lavanya. I'm doing what I should be doing, and there is nothing special in that. I'm sorry, for causing pain in your life. For messing everything up...but I promise to be the husband you deserve from now on." NK gave her a wry smile.

Not knowing exactly what to respond, she smiled back and soon after she watched him walk into the bathroom. A hand went to her stomach naturally, feeling the bump there. She had come a long way, and she did not know what the future held for her. However, she was happy for now. Her and NK had come a long way...

Flashback*

July 2006

"Lavanya how is NK?" Her best friend Rachel asked.

"Honestly, I'm very happy about the way things are going. I'm happy with him." She smiled. They had met during the first week of University, and hit it off immediately.

They had been dating for 2 months now, and she was sure that it was more time than he had ever spent with any other girl.

"That's good!" Rachel smiled.

"I should get going, he asked me to meet him at the caf across campus." Lavanya got off the grass where she had been sitting, after looking at her watch.

"Oh ya? Maybe he'll say the special 4 letter word." Rachel waggled her eyebrows. Lavanya gave out a small laugh, and hit her friend gently on the arm.

"Oh please, he's not like that. It's too soon." She brushed it off. When deep down inside, she actually hoped her friend was right. She liked NK a lot, and couldn't remember the last time she felt this way about a guy.

She crossed the street, walking with a spring in her step. That was always her mood whenever she went to meet him. She arrived at the small caf, it was the place of their first date.

She found him sitting alone, looking at his phone intently. "Hi!" She said cheerily, watching his eyes widen slightly upon her arrival.

"Lavanya, hey." He gave her a polite smile. She could already tell that something was not right.

"What's wrong?" She asked, taking a seat opposite to him.

"We need to talk...I need to tell you something." He looked away.

Her heart sunk. She had imagined this scenario in her head plenty of times, but never had she imagined that it would come, and so soon...

"I think you already know what I want to say." NK asked guiltily. She could only nod slowly.