~Aarmau's Got Talent? (46)~

"Katelyn! I'm serious! I don't think I can do this!? Why did I let you sign me up for a talent show? I don't have a talent!?" Aphmau said in a tizzy as she ran around Katey's apartment in distress. Katelyn laughs.
"What do you mean no talent!? Aphmau you have an amazing singing voice!"
"I'm not singing for a thousand people! Katelyn that's just crazy!!!" Aphmau spat back at katelyn.
"Betcha Aaron would think it's cute~." Katey teased, laughing she didn't see Aphmau pick up a pillow before it hit her in the face.
"HE DOESN'T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!" Aphmau hissed, blushing horribly.
"Aphmau you've been dating him for 6 months and you still get nervous around him. I warmed up to Travis in a month." Katey smiles as she threw the pillow back at Aph.
"Relationships are different for each person!" Aph growls.
"Whatever, it's late you should head home, and maybe call him." Katey suggested.
"Fine. Whatever.." Aph said and grabbed her purse and walks to the door. "See you tomorrow.."
That night, after her shower, Aph fell onto her bed. She sighed and picked up her phone to call Aaron. After a few rings he picks up.
"Hey babe. What's up?"
"Not much, how was work hun?" She asked.
"Same boring desk job as always." He responded, his voice dry and bored..
"Your dad was on your case again wasn't he.." Aph whispered as if they were in the same room..
"Worse than ever.." He groaned. "All because of this huge grant we applied for.."
"Awe Aar.. I'm sorry.." She chided to him soothingly.
"Enough of my problems, what do you have planned for this weekend..?" He asked, her response was a groan. "What? Is something wrong?"
"No.. I want to see you but I can't.. I have to figure out what I'm doing for the Pheonix Drop Talent Show.."
"You're doing the talent show?" He asked..
"Not by choice.. Katey signed me up. But I have no ideas on what to do.."
"Why don't you sing? You have the voice for it." He says, smiling.
"No! No way! I don't have the courage for that!! There will be like a million people there!" She squeals.
"What if we do it together..?" He asked, a flirty nature about his words..
"You mean like... A duet..?" She asked, blushing.
"Yeah, I can come over and we can pick a song and practice."
"Sure! I mean uh.. if that's what you want of course... you're talented and I wouldn't want to drag you down because I'm terrible. You might do better by yourself and I---"
"Aph, you're doing that thing where you ramble when your nervous." He interrupts her. "Its settled. I'll see you Saturday morning."
"Okay.. Hey Aaron..?" She asked.
"Yeah Aph?"
"I love you so much.. Thank you.."
"I love you too.. it's not a problem hun."
They ended the call and fell asleep. It felt like Saturday came too quickly.. They spent hours looking for a song before they decided on one..
"I got it!" Aph shouts standing up from the couch.
"What song..?" He asked.
"Remember our date last month to see the Greatest Showman?"
"Yeah? What about it..?"
"We are going to perform Rewrite the Stars." She smiles. He nods.
"Alright. Let's start practicing."
The weeks leading up to the Show were hectic. Eventually they got the song down and harmonized. They memorized their parts.. Finally it was the day of the show.. Aph walked out of her room in her red dress and sighs.
"You look beautiful babe." Aaron smiles and kisses her cheek as he leads her to his truck.
It was nerve wracking to watch the other performers, but also their time had come.. Once on stage the lights go dark and Aaron kisses Aphmau one more time. They sang their hearts out, and earned themselves a standing ovation... Now the time for judging had came..
"Will the acts we call please come forward. It is time to declare the winner." The head judge spoke into his microphone.. "Garroth, Zane and Vylad. Aphmau and Aaron. Kawaii~Chan and Kim."
"Oh my god!? Aaron we made it to top three!" Aph whispered as they walked on stage..
"It isn't over yet.. we could still win this." He whispers in response..
"First we would like to congratulate all of our contenders for coming it out and trying your hardest. Unfortunately there can only be one winner this year." The head judge spoke again as the tension grew.
"To start things off, let's find out who the runner up was.." the audience falls silent as a drum roll kicks off..
"In second place..... THE BROTHERS ROMEAVE!" The audience booms with cheers and Aph tightens her grip on Aaron's hand...
"Our winners tonight......" Again silence fell and the drumb roll kicks off..
"APHMAU AND AARON PREFORMING REWRITE THE STARS FROM THE GREATEST SHOWMAN!!" The crowd goes wild as Aaron picks Aphmau up and kisses her passionately.
"Congratulations! You two have one a total of ten thousand dollars and the spot as head judge for next years competition!"
Aphmau blushed and bowed, Aaron picks her up again and carried her off stage.....