XXVII. DANCER IN THE DARK

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ - 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ - 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬]

"she's been dancing with the
devil all night, it's like hell is
where she wanna be"

✧✦✧✦✧

The next morning, Thea and Rebekah were sat on the couch in the main room of the Mikaelson mansion getting their nails painted as soft music played in the background. The youngest Mikaelson brother was stood in front of a full-length mirror, wearing a black suit while a compelled tailor adjusted it, Finn doing the same on the other side of the room whilst Elijah polished his shoes.

"Thea? Tell me how handsome I am," Kol spoke with a smirk, looking at the brunette teen through the mirror causing the wolf to laugh, "oh, Kol. You know I can't be compelled," she retorted with a sarcastic smile, earning amused reactions from the rest of the siblings as Kol scowled at her. Thea had spent the night getting to know the rest of the extended original family, minus Esther, and had grown quite fond of the wildest Mikaelson- something Klaus wasn't too ecstatic about.

He reminded her of her Uncle Mason in a way; completely reckless and wild. A free, untameable spirit- something which the young wolf envied. She had even managed to form a connection with the eldest Mikaelson as they bonded over their mutual loathing of his brother. And, though they had only known her for a night, both Kol and Finn felt as protective over Thea as their other siblings did. They had been awed by her bravery and lack of pre-judgment, allowing them to feel human for the first time in a thousand years.

A sudden slam was heard as Klaus stormed into the living room, a furious look on his face as he glared at his sister, "you went after Elena? What is wrong with you?" Rebekah sighed, an expectant look on her face as if she knew what was coming, "here we go," she muttered as she leaned back in her seat. "Do you want another dagger in your heart?" he hissed in a low tone, receiving a frosty glare from Thea as if she was challenging him to do it.

Before she had the chance to snap at him, Kol bet her to it, "again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Klaus turned his attention to his younger brother, "oh, go back to staring at yourself," he sneered causing Kol to roll his eyes, "and who are you, my father?" he questioned sarcastically, unfazed by his brothers threatening glare.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house," the hybrid growled causing the younger Mikaelson to step forward challengingly, "then perhaps we should go outside." Thea watched apprehensively as the two brothers glared at each other, both too stubborn and proud to back down before Esther walked into the room seemingly annoyed at both her sons' behaviour, "enough! Niklaus, come."

With one final death stare, Klaus followed his mother out of the room as Kol watched with a smug smile, "I could take him, right wolfy?" he smirked causing Thea to chuckle. "Oh, of course Kol. He doesn't stand a chance against you," she replied sarcastically as she expected her newly manicured nails, not even bothering to look at the younger original, earning another round of amused laughter from the rest of the Mikaelson siblings.