XXXIV. BROKEN

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ- ғᴏᴜʀ - 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯]

"reset my emotions and make me open and bring me back to life"

open and bring me back to life"

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea hadn't slept much that night. Every time she closed her eyes, the thought of Klaus' burning body plagued her mind. The smell of his burning flesh taunting her. The image of Alaric's smirk haunting her, telling her she didn't do enough. She couldn't save him. She couldn't save them. If she was stronger, if she had left town with Klaus the minute he told her he was leaving then maybe he'd still be alive. Maybe her brother would still be alive.

Thea didn't know what to do. She was currently sat in her brother's room in a pile of empty red solo cups, wearing one of his old football jerseys. She didn't have the strength to do anything. She couldn't cry, she couldn't mourn. All she could do was drink. Drink to forget that her soulmate had burst into flames, leaving her to walk the earth alone. Drink to forget her twin brother was no longer here to protect her and hold her hand when she got scared of the dark.

With a sigh, the brunette lifted another red solo cup to her lips, downing the rest of its alcoholic contents and sighing in relief as the liquor burned the back of her throat. She wanted to feel pain so she didn't have to feel the grief and the guilt. Why should she be alive and not them? How was that fair? If Esther hadn't of broken the soulmate bond between her and Klaus, she could've been at peace with him. Instead, she was forced to face the world without him. Tormented each moment by her own weakness.

A stray tear ran down the teenager's cheek as she closed her eyes, picturing Tyler and Klaus smiling back at her. She didn't even get to say goodbye. Suddenly, a knock at the front door sounded loudly throughout the house, startling the young teen. Her mom didn't know she was here, as far as Carol knew both her children were safe out of town. "What's going on?" the wolf heard her mom ask as she opened the door to Tyler's room, sneaking quietly out and behind one of the pillars near the marble staircase.

Thea frowned in worry as she saw an officer handcuffing her mom as Pastor Young stood to the side, "we just need to ask you a few questions about your son and daughter," the Pastor told her as the officer began to lead her out of the house. Thea was about to go help her but she knew she couldn't risk getting caught, her mom would be fine and she'd much rather her daughter stay safe than end up dead. "You can't arrest me! I'm the Mayor of this town!" Carol exclaimed in exasperation as they exited the Lockwood mansion, "not anymore you're not," Pastor Young told her as he closed the door behind them.

Thea listened out for the car leaving, making sure they were really gone before sinking to the floor, resting her head in her hands. Silent tears streamed from her eyes as she sat there. Her soulmate was dead. Her brother was dead. Her mom had just been arrested. And she hadn't seen any of her "friends" since yesterday. She was falling apart and she had nobody left to turn to.