XXXI. I BET YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘪 𝘣𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘪 𝘣𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳]

"stop making the eyes at me,
I'll stop making the eyes at you"

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea spent the majority of the next day inside with Tyler, the twins sharing everything that the other had happened since they'd been a part. It was what Thea needed after everything that had happened with her friends and her soulmate. Right now, however, the young teen was walking through the gym hall of Mystic Falls High besides Elena and Caroline as they decorated it for tonight's Decade Dance.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked the doppelganger in confusion as Thea frowned down at the clipboard she held, doing Rebekah's job for her as the blonde original wasn't present. "I just, I wish there was something I could do," Elena replied as picked up a chandelier from one of the tables, "where do you want me to hang this thing?" she asked her two friends causing Caroline to sigh.

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity she could have shown up to do it herself," the blonde stated, taking the chandelier from Elena and handing it to a passing student, "just no," she shivered causing the two brunettes to laugh. Thea glanced around the room, watching as students decorated the hall just the way she wanted, her eyes landing on Matt and Jeremy hanging up stars from the ceiling. "What ae you doing?! You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down," she shouted as her eyes narrowed at the decoration.

Matt chuckled, looking across at Jeremy, "trickle, duh!" he mocked, causing the brunette to huff as Caroline and Elena both laughed. "Look at them all bromancy," the blonde vampire spoke as the three teens watched Matt and Jeremy hang the decorations the right way, laughing every time Thea glared at them for hanging it wrong. "Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill," Elena replied, smiling at the sight of her brother being a normal teenager.

"That was nice of him," Thea spoke up as she continued to check things off the clipboard in her hand, "Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out," the doppelganger frowned causing Caroline to smirk. "You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" she taunted, causing Thea to giggle in amusement.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it," Elena deadpanned, glaring at both girls only causing Thea's smile to broaden, "aww, what are friends for? So who are you bringing to the dance?" the brunette asked as Elena wrapped a feather boa around her neck. "What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Care and I were going as girl dates?" the doppelganger asked in confusion as she looked between her two best friends.