Closet

There once was a woman who moved with her son to a new house. After the divorce, they wanted to start fresh.  They didn't have much stuff in their new home yet. Most of the stuff was still at their old house. Tomorrow they would get the rest of it. But for today was already busy enough. It was time for the mom to tell her son a bedtime story and kiss him to sleep. But the son said something she didn't expect.

"Mommy.. There is a monster in my closet.."

Her eyes widened and she felt her heart sink. But she didn't want to make her son worried.

"Ah, Mommy will check. B-but first why won't we get ice cream. Its been a rough day and we really deserve it. Don't you think?"

The son was happy and his eyes twinkled. Filled with happiness.

"Yaay! Ice cream!"

The mom grabbed her son by his wrist and almost dragged him out of bed. Before she closed the door, she could hear a weird noise. Breathing like sound in her neck. As she ran down the stairs as fast as she could, she grabbed the car keys and went outside. Still holding onto her son. They both got in and she drove away. It didn't scare her what was inside of the closet. But that her son didn't have a closet. His closet was still at their old house...