Exam Party

Finally! Today is the party! There will be loud music until midnight. Food and drinks. And most important of all, we're with a small group of friends! To be exact a total of ten people. Including me! Your writer~

After my dad brought me to the destination, only two others had to come. Sadly I was the only one wearing flip-flops. Everyone wore sneakers on this hot summer day. The music was already playing. One of them, James, is a DJ so this was going to be great! We got the snacks and drinks ready. And after a while we all ate hamburgers together. The sun was slowly going down. Until it was almost pitch black if there weren't any lights.

The music was in the little garden behind the house. Some meters ahead there was a terrace with a long wooden table and wooden chairs. Next to the terrace was his actual house. Through a big window you could see the kitchen.

After some bad dance moves we decided to take a seat there. Because all the seats were taken, I had to stand up. Which I didn't mind, but still. Kinda looking around me I saw this thing. No, not just a bug, a literal THING. I saw it through that big ass window. Because it was dark I only saw like a black mannequin staring at me. So I kinda backed the fuck up ya know. Like, next to me was the garden door that would lead to the road in front of the house.

As I saw the figure walk closer to the backyard door, I moved further towards the garden door. As I went through the door and closed it again I heard a weird breathing like sound. Sending goosebumps over my body. I turned around to see that THING. How hard I screamed I can't remember. But I do remember the sting and the pain that went through my body as it ripped my chest apart. And then I got thrown in the bushes...

"Did you guys hear that?"

"Only a deaf person couldn't hear that smartass"

I replied on Jim's question. All of us looked at the garden door. James stood up and walked over to the door and opened it. And then I saw a running Teresa.

"ITS A WASP!!"

I sighed. Did she scream so hard because of a wasp? Well, its a girl so who knows. James got back to his table to get some tracks played. Most of the others followed after they heard the Pokémon theme song hard style remix. But I didn't. Just browsing off the internet.

After a little while I heard the garden door open. I looked up but saw nobody. Then I looked closer and saw a bloody, femenim, hand. It was twitching and of course I would look. I stood up and made my way over to the door and widened the space between the door and the opening. There I saw her laying. Teresa. All bloody and messed up.

"A-are you okay?"

I spat as I kneeled next to her. Then I quickly got my hands on my phone to dile 112 (aka 911). Next to me I heard footsteps. Probably one of the boys. But for now I was too focused on what was Teresa. She isn't dead yet. Just almost. She couldn't even answer my question properly. She only responded with:

"Run.."

I frowned but then in the corner of my eyes I saw two femenim legs. There were flip-flops on her feet. I stood up and immediately ran away. Luckily I was 1.87 Meters so my legs were very long. In PE class I always was the fastest.

I turned around to peek but it wasn't there. I stopped running but soon enough heard something in my right ear. I faced it. I faced me. I could see myself.

"You nasty shape shifter.."

That thing wasn't from this planet. Nothing could act like that. Even my IQ of 140 couldn't compete with that.

That THING

Is not just

A THING

That THING

Is death itself

•••