N i n e t e e n

"Remind me again why we are friends?" Lady Sif asked with irritation clear as a day in her voice. Sif had spent the majority of the day with wedding preparations, so she was obviously beyond annoyed. Even five minutes had been too long for her. She was all about swords and shields, not hairspray and lipstick. Hermione Granger gave a light-hearted laugh as she watched her friend wave the servant off impatiently.

"Because we have been saving each others' arses since we met. If you can handle war, you can certainly handle a little makeup and a dress." Hermione responded as the servants and seamstresses worked on her dress, hair, and makeup as well. Truth be told, Hermione had never been the type for all of these niceties either, at least not like some of her old schoolmates.

Her dress couldn't have been more perfect and they weren't even finished with the bloody thing. She found that she enjoyed the wedding traditions of Asgard more than those of her birthplace. She wasn't being forced into a gaudy, white wedding dress with tons of makeup and a boring hairstyle. No. She was wrapped in a beautiful, simple but ruffled dark green dress that was layered and almost Renaissance period-like. The bodice was low and hugged her chest suggestively but modestly at the same time...the perfect tease. After all, she was marrying Loki. It had gold trimmings along certain layers of the skirt, as she wanted to be adorned in her fiance's colours. Her hair was the extravagant focus, it was beaded and braided in a traditional but beautiful Nordic style with more gold and emerald ribbons throughout with a floral crown atop her head. Her curls had been tamed, looking sleek and shiny amidst the braids and embroideries falling in ringlets to her waist.

Sif was opening her mouth to respond but the golden doors several feet behind them at the entrance of the room swung open as a familiar head of red hair made her way inside. The doors shut behind her and Hermione nearly leapt for joy but remembered just in time that she would mess up the servants' work~ and stopped herself.

Ginny Potter was clad in a beautiful violet coloured bridesmaid dress that was similar in its style to hers but shorter and simpler. She had her red hair straightened and pulled out of her face, her bright brown eyes shining as they began to grow misty. Hermione felt her own eyes beginning to tear up as well, she hadn't seen the witch in what felt like forever.

"Oh, 'Mione, you look so bloody gorgeous!" Ginny said in a shrill voice, fanning her face as she tried to stop herself from crying.

Hermione gave the servants a look and they quickly left the room, leaving the women alone for their reunion. Hermione stepped down from the cushioned platform she had been stood atop and threw her arms around the redhead, squeezing her tightly. "I swear to Merlin and Morgana Ginny if you start crying, I'll start crying and you'll make me ruin all the servants' hard work!"

Ginny made a wet sounding giggle and she attempted to secretly wipe a stray tear that had escaped her eye. "Hush up, you! I am so bloody proud and happy for you~But I swear if that boy hurts you I will not hesitate in hexing him to death!" Ginny pulled back and wagged her finger at Hermione as she just chuckled in response.

"You know that 'boy' is a god, right?"

"Please, I've hexed him successfully plenty of times in our days back at Hogwarts~"

A knock sounded at the door and a woman's American accent asked, "Hey, it's Natasha, can I come in?"

Hermione waved her hand at the doors and they swung open with her wand-less, wordless magic. Another redhead Hermione was fond of strolled into the room, her hips swaying as the same violet dress that Ginny and Sif were wearing adorned her as well. Natasha Romanov was able to make anything she wore absolutely hypnotic. The dress clung to her finely curved, athletic body firmly and sensually. The Russian woman had pale skin, steely blue eyes, and her normally short red hair was almost at her shoulders now, styled into beautiful pin-up curls. Hermione eyed her appreciatively, letting go of Ginny to wrap the spy in her embrace as well.