The Way You Love Me

Brantley woke his wife up a few hours later knowing if she slept much longer she'd have trouble sleeping tonight. He hated to wake her up when she was being quiet and looked so angelic, but she had to eat and change the pod on her arm.

This would be the first time they did it on their own for real, he was a bit nervous. But him in front of millions to song and he was fine. Something that could cause his babygirl pain...now that terrifies him. "Come on, babygirl. Wake up time." He said rubbing her back. Her head turned towards him and she smiled. "Good dream, baby?" She nodded starting to sit up. "We had the mall all to ourselves." He laughed throwing her on his hip and bringing her to the lounge.

He put her down on the counter next to him. "What sounds good for lunch, Princess?" He Asked pushing hair that had fallen out of her ties behind her ears. "Do we have any more of those yogurt fruit jars the Kelly's sent?" She asked kicking her legs happily.

Brantley opened the fridge. "Blueberry or raspberry?" He asked her. He waited patiently while she worked this complex problem out. "Blueberry!" She said finally. He grabbed the jar and a spoon, picking her up in the other arm.

He sat down putting her on his lap. He laughed watching her try to open the jar lid. He simple took it from her and twisted it off. She looked at him affronted. "I loosened it for you." He pulled the jar away before she took it back. "Did you put the carbs in your pump?" He asked giving her a reminder.

She blushed prettily and ran to grab her handhelds from her bag. "Don't run!" He said not that she would listen. She came back and plopped into his lap. She used the app the hospital had shown her and got her carb count. Putting in the number he watched as she approved the insulin dosage.

"Good girl, here's your food." He said handing it back to her. He kissed her neck and turned on one of her frufru shows. Something about wedding dresses. She froze when the show came on knowing a bomb was going to drop. "We have to change your insulin after you eat." He said rubbing her back.

She groaned but didn't say anything knowing it was too important. He expected her to fuss a bit just because she hates needles. "I have a surprise for you if you act like a big girl and don't make daddy feel worse about this." He said rubbing her good arm.

"It's ok. You're just being a good daddy." She said giving him a smile. He didn't say anything when she stalled for time by scraping the jar after she was done. "Who the hell pays that much for a dress?" He asked seeing the price on the screen. She giggled. "Is there a statute of limitations to spending?" She asked looking at him upside down.

He sighed rubbing his beard. Reminding himself that it was 5 years ago and she had insisted on buying her own dress. "How much did you spend?" He asked keeping his eyes closed for the blow." "15." She said laughing. "Hundred, please God?" He felt her kiss him. "You're so cute. It was worth it, wasn't it?" She said looking at him laying on his shoulder.

He smiled at the memory. She was a queen.

"Well I knew I was only doing this once so I went big

"Well I knew I was only doing this once so I went big. That day was everything I had dreamed of. You wore a tux for me." She teared up a bit at the memory. It had been all black and he wore his dress boots and it was perfect.

"Ok, let's do this big daddy." She said in a great mood and wanting to get this over with. She grabbed a new pod from the box and her insulin from the fridge. They had bought all that she needed to change them in bulk and had them neatly lined up on the counter so they could grab anything they needed quickly.

She grabbed the new syringe and pulled enough to fill the pod. He watched as she used all her concentration to fill it. She then grabbed the alcohol, and a bandaid. She always seemed to enjoy jumping on him, he was pretty sure it was because no one else could and the brat took advantage. "Alright, do what the nurse showed you to take it out." He said motioning to the handheld.

A few taps later he heard two beeps like the nurse said. "Ok, let's do this." She said smiling. He carefully pulled the seal and popped the pod off. There was a small hole where the needle had pushed the tube through. "Don't look, I got it." He said quickly putting a bandaid on the mark and kissing it.

"Ok, where do you want to put this one?" She considered for a moment. "Let's do my leg and I'll just wear dresses and shorts a few days." She said decisively. "Alright, you want to do it or.." She quickly shook her head. "No, you do it please." That's what he figured.

He carefully cleaned where she pointed after she primed it and made sure there was no air in the pod. He carefully placed it and pushed down on the seal. "Ok, now what, baby?" He asked looking for instruction. She held up the handheld. "Now we press start and I get stuck with a needle." His heart broke at the tears in her eyes.

It was going to be really hard for her doing this. She hated needles. He once had to take her to the ER when she had stepped on a nail at the farm. After restraining her and the proper growl, they had finally been able to give her the shot. Her scream when they had stuck the needle in her muscle had made him feel like the worse person that ever lived.

He felt bad for three days while she was fine an hour later when she had ice cream and one of her movies on. "Hey you remember what song we danced to at our wedding?" She looked at him surprised. "Of course I do!" He smiled and took the device from her hand. She was smiling at the memory of how Brantley had recorded her favorite song for their dance.

The next moment tears of fear turned to tears of happiness as he sung their song.

I like the feel of your name on my lips
And I like the sound of your sweet gentle kiss
The way that your fingers run through my hair
And how your scent lingers even when you're not there
And I like the way your eyes dance when you laugh
And how you enjoy your two hour bath
And how you've convinced me to dance in the rain
With everyone watching like we were insane

I love the way you love me
Strong and wild, slow and easy
Heart and soul so completely
I love the way you love me
And I like to imitate ol' Jerry Lee
And you roll your eyes when I'm slightly off key
And I like the innocent way that you cry
At sappy old movies you've seen hundreds of times

And I could list a million things
I love to like about you
But they could all come down to one reason
I could never live without you..

She never even felt the needle go in. "Thank you, Brantley Keith." "For what, baby girl?" He asked confused. She ran her hands through this short hair and looked into his mesmerizing green eyes. Eyes that lit up when she entered a room. Taking in the face she hoped to wake up to for at least another 50 years.

"For being you."