Aunt Flo

The next morning Lila Jane felt much more sore than she should have, especially her back. She quickly untangled herself from BG and ran to the bathroom. Sure enough, like clock work the bane of women's existence. Looked like it was time to break out the heating pad and her movies. She was so glad they had their own bus since she was coming this tour. She couldn't take Ben's comments today.

She quietly laid back in bed and curled up waiting for Brantley to wake up. She should have known he woke up the minute she left the bed. He knew what today was and knew the faster he could get her into her little mindset the easier it would be on both of them. She had a tendency to be snappy when she was on her time and it drove them both to the edge. They had found this worked best for them a few years ago.

He would quickly get her into little space and get her day set up and he'd have a happy little for the day. He rolled over wrapping himself around her, making sure she was pulled into a ball. She whined at first, but when he started rubbing her stomach with his callused hands he heard sighs of relief. Poor baby, he could feel a rock like mass just under her skin that he knew to be the culprit of her pain.

"Daddy has you baby girl. Let's get my baby all set up, huh?" He said in a voice reserved only for her. He saw the switch flip quickly, she much have been feeling terrible to slip that fast. "Daddy! My tummy!" She cried. He made soothing noises and ran his hand through her hair. "I know, princess. Daddy has all your goodies to make you better." He said softly.

He stacked pillows and laid her back. Uncurling her from around him was not an easy task. "Hang on, babygirl. I'm just gonna get the heating pad and candy, ok?" She finally let go and nodded. He used the comforter to tuck around her, tight spaces made her more comfortable like this. He quickly got her a few of the new candies she had gotten, her heating pad, and grabbed the girly medicine just in case.

The heating pad and her movies usually knocked her right out, but this was the first time they would be doing this since her diagnosis. He looked at the tiny woman in their big bed and smiled. "Alright, what do we have for babygirl?" He said questioningly. He handed her the handful of dark chocolate drops she was allowed. Even though it was sugar free it wasn't a good idea to let her have many sweets.

He then plugged in her heating pad and laid it right over her tummy. She sighed in relief. "Thank you, Daddy." He gave her a kiss and smiled looking into her eyes. "Anything for my babygirl." He turned to the tv made into the wall. "And finally, Steel Magnolias." He said trying not to sigh. The woman could quote every line, damn even he could. For some reason she just loved it though. She clapped when she saw the opening credits of Shelby's house.

He laid back down, pulling Hunter on the bed with them. He grabbed his phone and earphones ready for some sons of anarchy. Thank god for nextflix, he though pulling up the latest episode. He kept an eye on his wife as she ate her small amount of chocolate and said all the lines with the movie. Sure enough, before the wedding reception she was out like a light.

He pulled off his ear phones and paused her movie. Making sure she was tucked in he threw on sweats and headed to the front of the bus. He had felt it stop a while ago and knew PJ would be nearby. "Hey, Boss." He heard the man say as he sat in one of the recliners watching the news. "Hey, PJ." He said taking the other. PJ took in his appearance and laughed. "Boss Lady's time?" Brantley just nodded.

"Bad timin', I have a concert tonight." He sighed. PJ shrugged, "I got the Princess, you just do you and we'll be fine." He said watching the news again. Brantley had to smile, "Remind me to add combat pay to that raise, PJ." He laughed. PJ just smiled, "Don't think I won't."

They had a calming few hours, he was putting together something that little Lila would like but was still healthy when trouble struck. "BG! You would not believe the stage they got here man!" Now normally it would have irritated him that Ben busted onto his bus. But today it damn well pissed him off, especially when he heard the whimpers coming from his room.

"Daddy!" He heard his scared little call for him. Ben had a look of shock on his face. He knew he was in deep shit, he should have done like Jesse said and called. It would have been better if BG had yelled at him. Instead, he simple looked him dead in the eyes and simply said, "Go." Before walking back to his room to get the crying Lila Jane.

Ben turned when he heard PJ chuckling. "Boy, I would not wanna be you right now. Then again, who else but maybe Kolby would be stupid enough to go yellin' into BG's area?" The big man shook his head and stood up. "Come on Ben, lets get you out of the line of fire for a while." When they got off the bus Ben looked as pale as PJ had ever seen him.

"Listen, kid, if you make Lila Jane smile before her daddy kills you then you have a chance." Ben whimpered. He had seen Brantley in his Daddy mode and it honestly terrified him. PJ wondered if he was having too much fun at the drummers expense. "Alright, I'll give you some help. You have a few hours till the concert, so go get the girliest stuffed animal you can find and a safe toy for Hunter. Ask Caroline if you need help. Hell, ask anyone on this tour, but don't come back without a peace offering or you're gonna be looking down Kimbers and I'll be looking the other way. We clear?" He asked the mohawked man.

Ben nodded and made a run for the Bryan's bus. PJ went back on the bus to check on his charges. He found Brantley and Lila sitting on the recliner with cartoons of some sort on. "Well good afternoon, Princess." He said getting a smile from Lila Jane. She had the modified grilled cheese Brantley had made for her. She waved with the hand that wasn't holding her sandwich. "Well, Daddy has to work for a bit later today. So I was thinking, we haven't had a PJ and Princess day in a while."

Lila Jane sat up quickly squealing. Brantley smiled and kept her from falling in her happiness. These days usually consisted of doing whatever she wanted like coloring, movies, and getting her hair braided for hours until bedtime where PJ acted out one of her books. She loved them and Brantley knew that PJ was irreplaceable to them both.

"Thanks, man. You take care of..." Brantley trailed off. PJ nodded getting his girl another water. "Yep, all taken can of."

Lila Jane sat and happily finished her meal, not caring what they were talking about. She wondered if her daddy would buy her a pony like the ones on the show?