Four

The silence at the table was overwhelming. Apart from the noise the children were making with their cutleries, it was clearly uncomfortable at least for the adults. Jeonghan was beginning to think that this was a very bad idea. Seungcheol just sat opposite him clearly ignoring him as he dabbed at Chan's leaking mouth with a napkin. The silence was strangling Jeonghan. He had barely finished his food when he stood up.

"em....i think I'll be going now"

Seungcheol didn't even look up. Jeonghan cringed. He really was an asshole but he was still so handsome.

"You haven't even touched your food" Mrs Choi said.

"I'm full really, I'm okay" He said with a forced smile.

Mrs Choi frowned. "No you aren't. Sit down Jeonghan"

The blonde remained standing. The elderly woman sighed looking really pissed.

"Jeonghan sit down!" She said with a harder time. Jeonghan was quite scared of that harsh tone and sat back down.

Mrs Choi took a deep breath.

"You!" she pointed at her son who looked at her with round eyes.

"Come with me" She said and stood up first leaving the table. Seungcheol gave him a rather cold look before he left to join his mother in the kitchen.

As soon as he was with her,  he felt a painful knock on the top of his head.

"Aish, Eomma what was that for?"

"You really are a jerk. I can't believe I raised a son like you"

Seungcheol frowned. "Yah eomma, that's harsh"

Mrs Choi scoffed "You think that's harsh? What's harsh is your attitude towards Jeonghan at the table"

Seungcheol rolled his eyes "You were the one who wanted a housekeeper"

"What is wrong with you? Why are you so against anything that is good?"

Seungcheol laughed "You think I don't know that you are trying to match make us? I've told you mother, I'm never remarrying. I can't even imagine myself falling for anyone else"

"That's because you won't even give anyone the chance to get close to you"

She put an arm around her waist "What are you really afraid of Choi Seungcheol?"

The man grew silent. Mrs Choi seemed tired. She had had this type of conversation with Seungcheol plenty times. It was really draining her.

"Please Cheol ah, for my sake. Just this once. I'm not telling you to fall in love with him, just let him care for the kids"

Seungcheol nodded, a glint in his eyes "Alright"

Mrs Choi looked surprised "Really?"

Seungcheol smiled strangely. "Yes, but he's only a housekeeper okay?"

Mrs Choi smiled "Of course... Just a housekeeper"

"But there's a condition"

Her heart fell. "What condition?"

Seungcheol folded his arms "I will fire him if after two months, I am not satisfied with his work"

Mrs Choi stared at him in disbelief "Really? Are you serious? Two months?"

Seungcheol looked at his mother with a devious smile.

"If you don't like it, you can just tell him to go back to wherever it is he came from"