Five

That night after the blonde left, Seungcheol went to have a shower but the latter's angry words didn't leave his mind. The spark in his eyes, the way his face had turned red. Those angry eyes...They were really se...

He stopped himself from thinking further. This shouldn't be what he should think of.

"I'm boring? Uninteresting?" Seungcheol scoffed. "What does he know? I can be fun..."

He shook his head. Why would he even care? It's not like he wanted to be close to him or anything. Soon, in less than a few months, the pretty blonde will be gone. He would make sure of it.

*****

Everything had already been finalized between Jeonghan and Mrs. Choi. He was having second thoughts anytime he remembered Seungcheol's cold attitude towards him but he always reconsidered when he thought about those adorable kids. He hardened his mind. He would at least try his best. 

It was Sunday night when he received a text from Mrs. Choi. She informed him she would be leaving on Monday the day her grandkids would be resuming school. She wanted him to come to the house before she returned to Jeju island where she lived. 

Jeonghan was nervous but he was determined. He figured that this was a challenge, A challenge he had no intention of losing. Besides, he needed the extra cash. He was planning to save up enough money to travel to America. There was someone he was eager to see. 

Jeonghan had already spoken with his manager at the eatery and he was given the night shifts on weekdays while the weekends were free. 

Monday arrived suddenly and Jeonghan woke up at exactly five-thirty am. He dressed up and headed out with his necessary things. He felt tired but quite excited and he didn't know why. Jeonghan reached the Chois residence and as he stood at the front door, his fear returned but he still managed to ring the bell. It took a few seconds but the door opened and it was Mrs. Choi. She smiled warmly as soon as she saw him. 

"You are here on time, welcome," He said and they entered together. The house was quiet. Jeonghan looked around. 

"What's going on?"

Mrs. Choi snickered. "They are still asleep" 

She took his hand "I'll go wake the kids. Try making us something for breakfast" 

She hurried away and Jeonghan went to the kitchen. First of all, he took a look inside their fridge. There was mostly junk food. The drawers were filled to the brim with ramyeon. He smiled to himself. The family il probably only cooked because he came visiting. He would have to do something about that. He was going to make use of the ingredients he saw and make some rice and kimchi. He also saw some unpeeled oranges and decided to make some fresh juice. He set to work immediately.

He heard noises outside the kitchen just as he set the rice to boil. He came out and saw Mrs. Choi with the kids. They looked surprised to see him. 

"it's an angel!" Seokmin whispered to Chan whom he was carrying on his hips. The boy seemed sleepy. He wiped his eyes and opened them slowly looking adorably at Jeonghan.

"Angel" he whispered.

"How are you, kids?"

They all greeted him with energy. 

"Your grandmother is leaving today. So from now on, I'm going to be taking care of you"

They all looked skeptical.

"Is appa going to like it?" Minghao said. 

"Well he has no choice," Jeonghan said trying to sound positive.