Ten

Jeonghan felt a light shake on his leg and opened his eyes. He could perceive a faint smell of something burning. He bolted up and saw Chan looking up at him with concern.

Jeonghan smiled. "oh Chan, were you worried about me?" He nodded. "I'm fine"

He wrinkled his nose. "Where is that smell coming from?" 

He picked Chan up and they left the room and descended down the stairs where the smell only got stronger. He rushed to the kitchen and saw Seungcheol running around the kitchen trying to salvage whatever it was that was burning in the pot. 

Jeonghan gasped and rushed inside, the smoke nearly choking him and Chan. Seungcheol froze when he saw Jeonghan switch off the gas. 

"Yah, what are you doing?" He yelled frantically dropping Chan on the ground.

"I was trying to prepare....."

"But that is my work! You don't have to do anything" He pushed Seungcheol aside and looked into the nearly blackened pot. 

"What were you trying to cook anyway?"

"Hangover stew"

Jeonghan's head rang when he heard that. His heart pumped more blood than normal and he turned to look at Seungcheol whose head was lowered in embarrassment.  Jeonghan was taken aback at the news, yet he couldn't deny that he felt a sense of satisfaction too.

"Hangover stew?"

Seungcheol remained silent.

"But why? Is it possibly because of me?"

Seungcheol gulped clearly uncomfortable with the turn out of the conversation. 

"Well... Well... "

The voices of the kids were heard outside and Jeonghan saw Seungcheol look actually relieved. 

"Prepare something for breakfast. I will be off to work"

Jeonghan nodded but his mind was calculating so many things at the same time. Seungcheol practically flew out of the kitchen and Jeonghan nearly laughed.

Could it be he was starting to care for him even if it was just a little? He had been trying to prepare hangover stew for him because he had gotten himself drunk yesterday even though he has said some pretty annoying things. But his heart was dancing crazily in his heart just by the thought of Seungcheol being nice to him. 

"Hyung, why are you blushing?" Seokmin said looking at him with one of his eyebrows raised. The other kids were there looking at him strangely. He hadn't even noticed when they entered. 

Jeonghan immediately covered his cheeks. "Oh really, was I?" he stammered.

"Go upstairs now and get ready for school" He said. The other four left while Chan remained. 

"Alright, I'll give you a bath soon but first let me prepare breakfast"

Chan just nodded while Jeonghan prepared breakfast and set it on the table while he went and bathed Chan. The other children were eating breakfast when Seungcheol entered in his suit and briefcase.

"Were is Jeonghan?" He asked. 

"He's bathing Chan"

Seungcheol nodded. "Eat up and let me drop you off at school"

"Aren't you eating?" Seokmin asked. He was about to talk when Jeonghan entered with Chan. The blonde smirked. 

"Why don't you want to eat? Are you embarrassed?"

He saw Seungcheol redden. "I'm fine"

"Come on, eat something or you'll be tired at work"

Seungcheol shrugged and finally sat down to eat. He finished the food quickly and waited for Jeonghan to finish feeding Chan before he got up.