Chapter 5: On the way to the Capitol

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Cato's POV:

The peacekeepers took me and Clove to the justice building to say our goodbyes. I don't see the point in that since there's no need for me to say my goodbyes: I will be coming back. Ugh, but I guess that's the procedure. 

My parents come first. They hug me tightly and my mom is crying.

"Mom, I'm going to win and you know it," I say rolling my eyes. 

"I know, I know, but you've grown so much," she says and bursts into tears again. My dad laughs.

"Yeah Margarett, our boy has grown. Look at him, so smart, strong and good-looking. He really does remind me of myself," my dad says and we all laugh. My dad continues to speak. "But, on a more serious matter. I feel really bad about all those kids that are going to die in your hands, Cato. The crushed dreams of the kids that actually thought they had a chance to win. I feel really bad about them." he says in a sad and more serious tone and there's a moment of silence and then we all burst out laughing again. Then a peacekeeper comes in. They hug me again.

"Travel safely and don't get into too many fights!" my mom says.

"I don't promise anything", I say and smile, "I love you guys and I will be coming back soon." I finally tell them. They nod and the door closes behind them. 

Next comes my girlfriend: Chloe. She's 17 and has blonde/brown hair and blue eyes. She's pretty hot and one of the most popular girls at the academy. She's also desperately in love with me. Too bad I don't really feel the same.

"Cato!" she screams as she walks through the door. She runs to me as I'm on the other side of the room and I kiss her passionately. When I pull away I meet her begging-for-more eyes. 

"What do you want Chloe?" I ask her annoyed. I don't like a lot of people seeing us together because I don't like being able to be with only one girl. 

"What do you mean...I, I came to visit you for goodbye and wish you good luck...?" she replies stumbling on her words.

"Well, I don't need luck. You know I will win." I reply coldly.

"Yes, yes, of course I know that you will win, but I wanted to see you." She says shyly. I smirk. I love how even the most confident and popular girls are insecure around me. Chloe is head over hills for me, but I can't bother to think about her. I can break up with her right now, but I won't because with a girlfriend I may be able to get more sponsors and look wanted. More girls will also be interested in me since I will be "forbidden". I almost laugh at the thought of so many capitol girls beside me in bed. The unlocking of the door pulls me away from my thoughts. My time with Chloe was up, thank god. She quickly kisses me again.

"Cato... I... I love you!" she says before the peacekeeper starts dragging her away. She looks at me with so much hope in her eyes, but I don't even bother to say it back.

The last person that comes to visit is my best friend. We have been friends since 6th grade and he's my best buddy at the academy. He gives me some advice for the games that I already know about and then we start chatting about what we're going to do with all of the money after I come back. Party, alcohol and girls is all I hear coming from his mouth. Well, that was what my mate was all about. Our time was up and he came out wishing me good luck. Then Shane lead me and Clove to the train.

It was pretty luxurious inside, but not that much different from our own homes. Clove and I had to talk to our mentors.

"So, this year's tributes, huh?" Brutus asks and we nod.