The Car Accident

Prompt: Based on Sam's video 'WAXING MY HEAD! | Best Friend VS. Girlfriend Challenge' when Sam asks what happened to his first car, Colby answers when he ran into a tree and Colby flew out the windshield. Here is a more in depth retelling of what happened. (Time may seem weird, sorry about that)

"Sam, where are we even going?" Colby exclaims, looking up from his phone just as Sam turns onto an unknown street. "I thought you said we're going to Chipotle."

Sam huffs and rolls his eyes at Colby, stealing a glance at his friend in the passenger seat. "Is that all you care about, Colby? Chipotle?" He jokes with a grin. 

"Um, that is why we're out at one in the friggin morning!" Colby snaps back, playfully.

"Relax, dude, we are. I'm just taking a different route."

"Why?"

"Why not," Sam answers with a shrug. "I dunno, dude. We just always do the exact same things all the time I just thought... why not like, go a little out of our way for once?"

Colby looks over at Sam and makes a face. "Yeah, I guess. I'm just really hungry, dude."

Sam barks out a laugh. "You'll get your food. Just... calm down."

Colby snickers and looks back down at his phone, giggling. That gets Sam's attention who, when looking over at his friend, realizes he's not wearing his seat belt. Instead of saying something since Colby always has his seatbelt on and must have forgot, he just rolls his eyes and turns back to the road, knowing it's only a ten minute drive to Chipotle and back.

Colby shuts his phone off, finding himself momentarily bored before an idea forms in his head and he looks over at Sam, grinning mischievously. He reaches over to the radio and turns it on just to annoy Sam, blasting his least favourite kind of music. In response, Sam rolls his eyes and makes a grab for the nob, however, Colby covers it with his hand, laughing as Sam desperately tries to turn off the music.

"Dude-stop!" Sam cries out, giggling slightly as he attempts to grab Colby's hand from the volume. Instead, Colby turns it up whilst laughing maniacally.

"Colby! Turn it down, come on, it's like one in the morning!" Sam exclaims. "I told you I'd take you to get Chipotle as long as you were quiet and payed for it. Stop, dude!"

"Wha-hey, I'm just putting on a little music, come on dude, it's so quiet." Colby complains, pushing Sam's hands away.

"Colbyyy-" Sam turns away from the road to grab Colby's hand, pushing the other away from him as he finally is able to turn down the insufferable music. Colby relents, however pouting in his spot, crossing his arms like a child.

Proud of himself, Sam turns off the radio and shoots Colby a dirty look, just then turning back to road. Neither him nor Colby even noticed the fact that they veered off the street and towards a tree next to the road on Colby's side. In a panic, Sam slams on the break and desperately swerves the car, but they're too close. Now, Colby's side of the car slams straight into the tree. 

Unfortunately for Colby, the sudden slam of the breaks sends him careening forward, his skull coming in painful impact with the windshield since his seat belt wasn't there to pull him back. Not only that, but the tree slams into Colby's door, greatly denting the side of the car and impacting Colby harshly, who's already still reeling from his skull cracking on the windshield.

Sam flies forward towards the steering wheel but doesn't hit his head; his body just hits the front console. He doesn't even notice Colby's predicament next to him as he sits back, breathing rapidly while trying to compose himself. He's shaking and eyes are wide, as his breaths come out rapidly.