Wrong Number

Prompt: Colby has done a bunch of videos with Brennen where they call scary phone numbers. What if he accidentally calls someone who knows of his worth and fame and tracks his number?

"Alright guys so, the last number we're gonna call today is a number one of my subscribers gave me. This one had no description by the way. Let's go!" Colby announces, smiling.

"Dude, this is like, actually really creepy," Brennen says quietly, elbowing Colby. "What if this number is like... linked to a serial killer? Duuuuude."

Colby huffs. "Dude, it'll be fine. Besides, it's a tracker phone. I'll get rid of it right after. Okay? Let's just do this last one and then we'll be done."

Brennen looks hesitant but he nods. "Alright, man. Let's just get this over with."

"Eight oh five, two four seven, three three six nine," Colby reads aloud as he starts punching into the digits of the phone number. Brennen simply watches, somewhat irritated and tired as he awaits the end of the video, since it's late and he's creeped out. Colby presses call and holds the phone up to the camera, listening intently as it starts ringing.

After five seconds, the ringing stops and is replaced by some sort of static and breathing, which makes Colby's eyes widen as he stares at it in shock.

"H-hello?" Colby asks hesitantly, turning to Brennen, who too appears distressed.

Silence. "Who is this?"

Colby covers his mouth and exchanges glances with Brennen. "Um, who's this?"

"That's none of your concern. Who is this and how did you get this number?"

Colby makes a face to the camera, and his face pales slightly. "Um, I'm just making a YouTube video where I call scary numbers, um, who is this?"

Pause. "Who are you?"

Colby hesitates. "Look, man, sorry, I didn't mean to call you, I was told this was a creepy number so-"

"Who is this?!"

"Uh, I'm Colby, sorry man, I-I'll go now."

There's silence, before the person on the other end ends the call, and Colby exhales immediately after. 

"Dude, why did you tell them your name?" Brennen asks, looking at Colby incredulously. 

Colby laughs nervously. "I dunno, bro, I just got freaked out. Someone picked up and-I got scared. He kept asking for my name and he seemed pretty pissed off. It's like midnight so I probably just woke up some random-ass stranger from a number I got over the internet."

Brennen shrugs. "Yeah, I guess. Let's just wrap this up."

Turning towards the camera, Colby puts on a breezy smile, trying to convey his ease despite how freaked out his is. "I really hope you enjoyed this video, leave a like on this video if you enjoyed it. I'm not gonna set a like goal but just leave a like-"

"This was actually terrifying so everyone of you mf's better smash that like button!" Brennen interjects, gesturing to the camera. "Yo, Colby and I almost died."

Colby makes a face. "When?"

"Uh, when we called Wrinkles! He's probably waiting behind that bush to beat our asses!" Brennen exclaims, pointing to a bush just beyond the bench they're filming on. 

"Right. Duh!" Colby says, smacking his head. On reflex, Colby pockets the tracker phone like he would his cell. "Anywayss, I need you guys to do me a huge, huge, huge favour. I wanna keep doing these scary videos for you, cuz I know a lot of you guys out there like it, so comment down below in the comment section what I should do, whether it's like, playing scary games, maybe, like, checking out like scary instagram accounts or reading scary text messages, anything like that, let me know in the comment section below. And-" With a shit-eating grin on his face, Colby reaches his arm over to Brennen and puts in on his shoulder. "-imma make Brennen do it with me."