The Beginning

Tara turned around when she heard a long sigh.  They met eyes.
"What's taking this bus so long?" - Stranger
"It says it's two minutes away." - Tara
"What are you talking about?" - Stranger
"Do you have the app?" - Tara
"What app?" - Stranger
"Let me see your phone." - Tara
Surprised that a stranger, Tara, would have the gall to snatch her phone like that.
As Tara maneuvered the stranger's phone,
"It's called transport and you can get real time status about your bus. Here."
A sly smile streamed across the pretty stranger's face.
"Thank you."
Tara turned around and shuffled through her Apple Music for the next song to play.
Minutes later, the bus arrived and they boarded along with a small crowd of 'just made it-ers .'
The bus was crowded at this hour. Bags pressed against butts and feet searching for an undisturbed space.

 "Everyone take several steps back! You can't be beyond this line."

Tara managed to snake her way to the middle of the aisle and grab hold of a hanging black handle as the bus took off. She barely caught her balance as she felt a weight on her back forcing her to drop her ID.

 "Omg, I'm so sorry."

The pretty stranger picked it up for her and lost her balance, falling forward into Tara's crotch, using Tara's thighs to steady her gait and stand back up.

 "Oh, no way, I work here too."

Handing the ID to Tara and then showing her ID as well.

"Cool, what floor?"

"Products and Services - floor 32. You?"

"14 — Claims and grievances."

"Yeah, I definitely have it worse off", said Tara.

They both laughed.

"Yeah, well this is only a stepping stone for me, a learning opportunity." - Tara

"Oh yeah? What's next for you?" - Alex

"I plan to go to law school." - Tara

"Wow, big dreams hot stuff. Miss Tara. I am impressed." - Alex

Tara blushed on the inside at the flattery.

"How'd you know my name?" Looking down, "I did just topple you over. It was all a plot to see your ID."

They giggled.

"I'm Alex. Anyway, how long have you been working here?"

"Two years."

"You must like it."

"Lol. You must not."

"Maybe, the city is still new for me so I am finding people and places I like," said Tara.

A lingering stare. Alex slightly smiled and then looked away.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's just I remember feeling like that when I moved here for school.  But now I know people and uh actually a group of us are checking out a festival this weekend. I know we just met but—"

"Yes! I'd love to!"

"Woah, that was quick."

"Yeah... (embarrassed) lol sorry. I'm just excited to get out of the house and hang out! I really haven't gotten out much. My boyfriend is usually so busy and with his schedule, I haven't had a chance to go out much."

"Awesome. Well, this should be a lot of fun. I mean, I usually don't invite people out i just meet but seems like we have a lot in common."

"Do you want to exchange numbers?"