did you just call me baby?

Word Count ~ 1626 words
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

The night had come once again.
Today was the night in which my father would be waiting at the restaurant, but i had no intention on seeing him after what he had done to me. How could i? He abandoned my mother and me, why would i want to be anywhere near him, he's a coward and a fool.

I was expecting Leo's arrival, we were going for a bite to eat. He's been so kind in the past few days, and he's been super soft and supportive.

At exactly the time we agreed to meet, Leo knocked on my door.

Kidding, he just bashed right through, sitting down at my kitchen, grabbing the last apple from the countertop, acting as if he was part of the family.

" How we going gorgeous?"
" Don't use those weird words Leo, i'm doing awful."
His face softener, and his eyes grew worried.

" I know it's hard, but the more we eat tonight, the more we will forget"
" I know"
I grew a little happier, and hopeful.

He stood up, put his apple down, and walked over to me. He made sure that i was looking at him, and pulled me into a strong hug. At first i was reluctant, but as soon as i felt the love that surrounded this hug, i hugged him back even stronger.

" I truely admire your strength Til"
I pulled away.

" What strength?"
" You always see the good in people and you know when to leave a situation alone"
" Leave a situation alone? I've been up all night thinking about my dad, i haven't forgotten about it"
" Well at least your spending time with me tonight, and not him. He's not worth your time"

I looked at him steadily.

" Come on let's go, before it gets too crowded"

He took me by surprise when he grabbed my hand, and we headed to the restaurant.

We were walking down a busy street in NYC, when he interrupted our comfortable silence.

" Wanna listen to some music?"
" Sure why not"

Leo took our his headphones, and placed one pud into my ear. I looked down to see the playlist he was choosing, and he clicked on a playlist named 'til🖤'

" You made a playlist for me!?"
" Maybe"
" Wow who are you? What have you done with my Leo?"
" Come on baby, your the only one who i would make a playlist for.."
" Oh stop it, baby? Did you seriously call me your baby?"
" Come on you know you like it"

My cheeks went red, and i felt embarrassed cause he was so correct, and then the sweet, soft and slow song came into my ears, drowning out the noise from other walking pedestrians.

We reached the restaurant, and instant regret and anger fell upon us both when we saw it was closed.

" Leo you seriously didn't check if it was open.."
" How was i suppose to know that! it's a friday night normally everything is opened"

I rolled my eyes and just stared back at him.

" Come on til, let's just go somewhere else then."

Once again, he took my hand in his, and we slowly walked down a new busy street, and smelt fresh italian food.

" Italian food for an italian girl?"
" Sounds great Leo!"

We sat outside and happiness returned when a big pizza was placed in front of us. We instantly ate and took turns taking a slice of pizza.

Laughing, cheering and constant chat could be heard. I was having the best time, and all regret and worry was gone when i talked to Leo. He was polite, stunning, a gentlemen, he was everything. He was perfect.