Chapter Fifteen: Conspiring in the Classroom

When I got home that evening, I found Elena and Damon there waiting. "Come on, we're going to Rick's Classroom." My sister informed me.  

I blinked, I didn't really want to go to the Scooby Gang meeting, but something was compelling me to attend. "Okay, let me just drop my stuff." Running upstairs, I set my computer bag down and rushed back down to join the pair of them, car keys in hand. 

"Nope. Nu-uh, not getting into a car with you." Damon shook his head, holding his own keys up. 

If my eyes rolled any harder, I would have seen my frontal lobe. "One car chase and you never live it down," I grumbled, following my sister and the brother of her ripper whatever he is to the brother's car. 

The drive to school was quiet. Damon and I weren't the best of friends, we can be civil, but we were by no means close. Elena was stuck between talking to Damon or me, so she just stayed quiet in the front seat. 

Eventually, we reached the school, and there was an audible sigh of relief from all three of us. "Lead the way, sister." I gestured with a grin, following the pair into the school. As I trekked through the halls that served as my personal hell on Earth, I was forced to wonder why I agreed to come to the meeting in the first place. It was like my mouth was speaking before I could think. 

Inside the classroom was obviously Rick, joined by Caroline as well. It was strange, I would have thought Bonnie would have joined us as well as Tyler at the least. 

"Stefan's becoming a problem," Elena started right off the bat. Like as soon as we walked through the door. I coughed in shock and looked around to see if anyone else was surprised. I was the only one. "He's compelled by Klaus, and now that he's off the wagon and has his emotions off, he's a liability. We need to get his emotions back on, at the very least." 

Caroline nodded. "Yeah but how? We aren't exactly Lexi and Stefan's smart, he won't fall for the run of the mill tricks." 

"When are you all doing this?" I finally asked, gaining my composure from the shock of the conspiring session. 

Elena considered it for a moment. "Tonight, at the bonfire. It gives us the perfect guise, I'll be there so he'll have to be too." My sister sighed her game face on. "I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..."

"I'll shoot him," Alaric said, nodding as though this was business as usual. I sputtered and stared at my housemates in shock. "It won't be lethal, just with a bit of vervain to knock him out." He assured me. 

I can just see me in the future, getting called by one of them from jail because they kidnapped someone. This was such bad parenting, I should at least be telling Elena that kidnapping is illegal. "Can't Bonnie just ju-ju him or something?" 

"I'm trying to keep Bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her. Caroline, are you covered?" I was so out of my depth here. Why am I even here again?

Caroline gives a bright smile and nods, very confident in her abilities. "Yes! I will make sure that the old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready."

Damon finally chimed in as well, "We're forgetting a key player here. Rebekah? Wherever Stefan goes, the blonde ponytail tends to follow." 

I shook my head in confusion, "Wait, what? Rebekah got here last night, why are we plotting again?" 

"Yeah, but if Stefan goes off the rails completely, he could put everyone here in danger. If Rebekah gets in the way of bringing him back, then we need to preoccupy her," Elena explained to me as though it was apparent. Because, yeah, every average person deals with people who would eat through a person's neck until their head falls off. "Which is why it's your and Damon's job to keep her away."

I opened my mouth to complain, but Damon beat me to it, "How?! She's an Original. Last time I checked, we're out of daggers."

Apparently, my sister was a no bullshit type of person in these meetings because she shrugged and gave him a look, "So then preoccupy her with your charm. Besides, Europa is her friend, shouldn't be hard."

I heard a scoff from my other side and glanced at Alaric, "Might have better luck finding the dagger." 

The only semi-sane Salvatore brother huffed, "Are you ever not going to be mad at me for a day?"

"Doubtful." 

My eyebrows furrowed as I tilted my head, "I'm so confused." 

No one had time to clue me in because Tyler chose that exact moment to walk in, "Sorry I'm late. What's going on?"

"We need you to raid your mom's vervain supply. Enough to keep Stefan down for a while." Elena told Tyler instantly. 

I was expecting the new hybrid to immediately agree, but instead, he looked concerned and shook his head. "You can't do that to Stefan."

"Why not?" Caroline asked her boyfriend in confusion. 

Elena smiled at Tyler reassuringly, "Trust me, Tyler, it's in his best interest."

"Yeah. It's not in Klaus'." This threw everyone for a loop. I mean, I obviously wanted nothing to happen to my loves plan but why Tyler was concerned was beyond me. 

Caroline shook her head, incredulously, "But Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler. You know, why are you acting like some freaky, hybrid, slave minion."

Damon looked at Tyler like the boy just told him that the Salvatore Boarding House was flooded, "Uh-oh."

"What?" Alaric asked Damon, just as confused as the rest of us. 

Meanwhile, Caroline and Tyler continued having a lover squabble over Klaus. "Klaus made me who I am, Caroline. I owe him everything."

"Oh, boy." 

Caroline shot Damon a glare, "Okay, can we cool it on the commentary, please."

"What is going on?" Elena asked everyone, the situation not really making any sense. 

Obviously, over the conversation and turned, "I'm just going to go." 

Before the hybrid could leave though, Damon rushed him and knocked him out with what I assume to be a vervain dart. "What are you doing?" Caroline exclaimed in shock as she stared at her unconscious boyfriend. 

Glancing up at us, Damon sighed, "He's been sired."

I was confused, and I don't think I'm the only one. Speaking up, I voiced the confusion we were all feeling. "What?" 

"Sired. He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus's blood created him." Well, that kinda makes sense, without Klaus, Tyler would be turning every month. 

The part of the Scooby Gang that was here seemed worried by this fact, "Loyal how?" 

"He'll seek acceptance from his master. It's really rare. But maybe not so much in hybrids." Damon explained the rarity to all of us. 

The blonde vampire who was in a relationship to the lost puppy sired to the fanged puppy. Wow, a lot of puppies. "So how do I fix him?" 

Damon shrugged, "Get a new boyfriend." 

As soon as the Scooby Gang meeting ended, we all left to the bonfire. Rebekah had texted me, wondering if I would go to the High school event with her since she didn't have friends here. I obviously agreed, believing that the best way to keep Rebekah unharmed would be to thwart the plan on the front lines. 

Damon and I were walking over when an unknown caller appeared on the screen. "Oh hey, it's my boss, I've got to take this, be right back," I said and walked away out of vampire earshot before I answered the phone. "Hello?" 

"Hello, Love, any developments in Mystic Falls?" A very familiar voice asked me on the other line. 

I smiled at hearing his voice, "Yeah, I was just at a Scooby gang meeting." I informed him

"Tell me everything, Darling." 

So I did.