Chapter Twenty: Bye Bekah

At around four in the afternoon, I was tromping through the woods with Sophie as we chatted and caught up. She told me about how New Orleans was doing and her niece and sister while I tried to catch her up on some of the drama that had arisen in my life since we parted ways. 

"So, you spent a week with Klaus Mikaelson and lived?" She asked me in confusion. When I nodded she whistled lowly,  "Girl, I swear to god, you are going to go down in a blaze of glory." 

"I'm hoping more so for a supernova actually," I said with a smirk. "So where are we going?" 

"Back in the civil war, the Union and the Confederates were having a battle, commonly known as the Campaign of Chattanooga. During that same time, there was a power grab going on between the covens of the region. Using the battles as a cover, the covens pretty much duked it out until there was no one left but a few survivors who didn't want to fight. Instead, the remaining survivors went off and joined new covens, trying to move on with their lives." Sophie explained to me as we hiked to a secluded spot on Lookout Mountain where this magical battle supposedly took place. 

I glanced around the area warily. "That's dark." 

"Yup, it was pretty gruesome. Anyways, the deaths of so many witches caused the land to be marked. Now typically my coven can't access that type of power but one of the survivors came to New Orleans and joined our coven. They were consecrated as a New Orleans witch and became part of our ancestors. They had family who died here so we can tap into the power left that way."

A few more yards, we stopped in front of Jane-Anne and three other witches. "Europa, you know Jane-Anne. Meet my friends, Katie and Sabine, and one of our elders, Agnes." 

My eyes widened as I realized an elder came to help me out. "Thank you, Agnes, for coming to help me." 

"Of course, child. Any chance to throw a hitch in Klaus Mikaelson's plans. Our Ancestors deemed it fit for us to help you, so we shall help you." Agnes told me with a smile. 

I looked around the area, which seemed like any other place in the woods before glancing at Sophie. "So, what do we do?" 

"Kneel in the middle of the circle, near the bowl." Directed Agnes. I did as I was told, watching as each of the five witches went to a different point of the star I was kneeling in. Suddenly, the torches around us that they had placed burst to life with fire and wind ripped through the area. "Take the knife and cut your hand, allow your blood to fall into the bowl." 

I did as I was told, ignoring the sting that came with slicing my hand open. Then they started chanting. At first, I felt nothing but as time went on, my head started to throb with a dull ache. As the pain grew into a stabbing pain, I doubled over and grabbed my head, trying to chase away the pain. 

I felt a trickling of blood leave my nose but I didn't let it worry me. 

I needed to be okay, for Elena. 

"Not much longer now, Europa!" Agnes told me, then she kept chanting. 

As the fire in the five torches reached its peak, I felt the compulsion break and everything rushed back at me. Everything I forgot I said or did, suddenly pushed its way to the forefront of my mind. I no longer felt the things I felt for Klaus when under compulsion, instead I was royally pissed off. 

At the flood of emotion, I gasped, rolling over and squeezing my eyes shut to block out the pain. 

Then, once I remembered everything there was to remember, the pain disappeared. 

"Europa?" I heard Sophie ask carefully, "You okay?" 

Groaning, I chuckled. "Oh my god, that hurt like a bitch." Sitting up, I grinned at Sophie, "But the compulsion's gone, so it was worth it. Thank you. All of you." 

We all laughed in relief and walked off of Lookout Mountain together. "Hey Europa?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Try to not get kidnapped by any more vampires, Original or otherwise," Sophie told me, breathless from exhaustion. 

I nodded, tired from the whole event. "Yeah, that's a good idea."

It was around ten, I was still an hour away from Mystic Falls when Elena called. "Hey, little Sis, what's up?" 

"Where are you?" She asked worriedly. 

I hummed happily, "Just on my way home from dealing with the little compulsion problem. Why?" 

Elena was quiet for a moment as she thought about what I just said. "Did you break the compulsion?" She asked me in shock. 

"Yep, and I remember everything I told him. Which is actually not much." I told her with a proud grin on my face. "I'm about an hour out of Mystic Falls, what did you need?" 

"How did you get rid of the compulsion?" Elena asked me in concern, "You didn't self administer shock therapy, did you?" 

I rolled my eyes, the shock therapy wasn't that bad of a suggestion. "No, of course not. I happen to have witch friends of my own, and they have a longer memory than even the Bennett line, they had a spell with enough juice to help me out. Hurt like a bitch though." 

"I didn't know you knew witches. How long have you known about the Supernatural?" 

"Longer than you. What did you need Elena?" 

"Klaus is in town. And so is his father Mikael. I would recommend staying away from the Lockwood Estate." Elena told me, the girl really didn't beat around the bush. 

"Where's Rebekah, does she know about this?" I asked Elena worriedly. The Original blonde was in a lot of emotional pain when I left, having both Mikael and Klaus in town at the same time couldn't be easy on her. 

There was a brief pause from Elena before she responded. "We told her about it, she even helped in getting Klaus her. I think she ditched town though, she didn't show up for homecoming." 

I almost crashed the car in shock. "What? Rebekah Mikaelson didn't show up for Homecoming? You did see the runway show she set up just to pick her dress right? There is no way she would have left before Homecoming and absolutely no way she would have left without telling me. Are you sure Klaus didn't catch on and dagger her?" 

"Klaus has no idea. I'm sure she just skipped town for a little while, just until after this blows over." Elena assured me. Her voice fluctuated slightly, something that only happens when she's lying. 

Whatever happened to Rebekah, it wasn't good and it certainly wasn't skipping town. "Alright, I'll just text her and see if she needs anything. Be home in a bit." 

Hanging up the call, I pressed my foot down on the accelerator, speeding towards home. 

I took out my phone and called Rebekah. It went straight to voicemail. "Hey Rebekah, its Europa. Elena said you skipped town but I don't quite believe that. Please call me, I'm worried about you. With everything going on with your dad and brother, I just would feel better if you would call so I know for sure you're okay." Sighing, I looked out at the road in front of me. "Just call me back, or show up at my house. I don't know, something." 

"Bye Bekah."