Chapter Twenty-Two: He's Terrifying Because I Trust Him

After we got Rick to the hospital and they convinced us that there was nothing we could do for him so we should go home, Elena dragged me to the Salvatore Boarding House. "Why are we here, Elena?" I asked in confusion as she opened the door for me. 

"I don't want you to be blindsided. I called Klaus, and I know where Rebekah is." She told me seriously. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why didn't you tell him where she was in the first place! Rick almost died!" I growled. "Where is Rebekah, I'm going to kick her ass for not answering my calls." 

Elena was silent for a moment, "She couldn't." 

"What do you mean, she couldn't?" I asked. I was seriously considering killing my siblings at the moment. "Why couldn't she?" 

Breathing in, Elena looked at me worriedly. "Because, on homecoming night, I daggered her so she wouldn't mess up the plan." 

My mouth opened to say something but the shock of the callousness of what my sister just admitted to rendered me silent. Thankfully, before I could say anything, there was a knock at the door. 

I look over and see Klaus standing there, "Thank you for coming." Elena tells him. 

Klaus looks at me then at my sister. "I trust you have news of Stefan?" 

Elena shook her head and glanced away from Klaus, "I couldn't find him." She lied, "But I have something else." I clenched my fists in palpable anger. 

Looking over at me, Klaus raised an eyebrow, "What could it be that has Europa so pissed off?" He asked, curiously. Both of us followed Elena to the cellar. The door swung open, and I stared down at where Rebekah lied face down in the dirt, desiccated, and with a dagger in her back. 

My hand covered my mouth in shock. I couldn't believe it, my sister stabbed Rebekah in the back. Literally. Klaus looked over at me before glancing back at his sister. "My poor sister. I can't turn my back on her for a moment." Then he looked at Elena, "I assume Europa didn't know, seeing as she is quite shocked. Which explains her anger. Do you make it a habit to dagger your sister's friends?" 

I moved past my sister to kneel next to Rebekah worriedly. 

Elena kept her eyes steely and stared at Klaus. "You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal." 

Klaus hummed and nodded, "The life of my sister in exchange for your brother? Yeah, I'd say that's a bargain. Consider him spared." 

Elena shifted on her feet, "You should know I was the one that daggered her. When she wakes, she'll come after me." I shot her a withering glare. Of course, when Rebekah wakes up, she'll go after Elena. Elena stabbed her in the back! 

Klaus shrugged. "I can control Rebekah. Besides, I still need your help finding Stefan." 

"I told you I don't know where he is." 

Klaus' hands wrapped around the dagger and he pulled it out of Rebekah's back.

"You're lying." Klaus and I said at the same time. 

We stared at each other warily before Klaus continued his thought. "Fortunately you have no shortage of loved ones. If I don't find my family the question you should be asking yourself is who's gonna die next! Bonnie? Caroline? Damon? It's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what I want." 

Elena smirked and looked at Klaus, "He doesn't care about me anymore. You made sure of that. You turned him into a monster. Now he's your problem. And just so you know, I'm not the only one that Rebekah wants dead. She knows what you did to your mother. She knows that you killed her. You can let yourself out."