14

Harper 

"You asshole!" I roar, watching as Hunter turns around in his office chair, away from his desk. A needle is stuck in his arm just near the soft part of the elbow, watching me intently. I hear Marla behind me, and I feel tears sting my eyes. 

"What is this! Where were you when I was recovering!" I yell, pointing towards the naked girl in the bed as she smirks. Hunter throws the needle out of his arm, his toned stomach exposed and his eyes pitch black. 

"You told me to leave," He says darkly. 

I scoff, crossing my arms, swallowing the lump in my throat. How could he? How could he be up here all this time and I didn't know? How could he leave me to recover by myself, when I finally gave in and asked for him? 

"Is that your excuse?" I pause, raking a hand through my brown locks. "So what, huh? You've been sleeping around? Is that it?" I spat, watching as Hunter chuckles under his breath. This made my blood boil, making me grip the glass vase and smash it on the floor. Shards of glass prick at my feet, feeling the thick liquid trail down my feet. 

Marla reaches for my arm, but I shoot her a glare, causing her to slouch her shoulders. I walk over to the table, looking at the empty needles sprawled across the glass table. I pick up the needle Hunter injected himself with until I link the dots together. 

"You've been using these-" I point to the needle, "type of drugs, so you can numb out my pain?" I say in disbelief, stumbling back. Hunter doesn't say a word, instead, the blonde over in the bed, giggles. I snap my attention to her, making her shut up. 

"Shut up." I snap harshly, feeling the tears burn my eyes. The girl quickly rushes out of the room, the sheets tangled around her body. I glance at Marla, and she nods, leaving us alone. I glare as Hunter keeps a grim face, showing no emotion. 

"How could you?" I whisper, avoiding his eyes. "How could you sleep with her... and use these drugs to block my pain?" I manage to say, swallowing the lump that formed in my throat. Hunter rakes a hand through his hair. 

"I didn't sleep with her." 

I scoff, laughing. "Really? How can I trust you? You were hiding from me. You left me! You left me to drown in my own pain!" I yell, my body shaking violently. I sniffle, furiously wiping my tears with the back of my sleeve. 

His dark eyes meet mine, showing an unreadable emotion. He grips onto my arm, pulling me close to him so our faces are inches apart. He easily towers over me, but I regain my confidence, glaring at him. "I had no choice," He growls. What did he mean by that? 

Silence. 

"How can you live with yourself?" I whisper, pushing him away. He doesn't even move, he just stares back at me. "I hate you. I hate you so much it hurts. Do you know what pain feels like? Do you?" I bark at him, watching as he glares at me. 

He grabs my wrists, keeping a firm grip on them. I struggle under the force, his eyes completely black. His demon was rising to the surface, which made me worry. Last time that happened, I was put in a coma. "Do not talk to me about pain!" He growls, his voice bouncing off the walls. I stumble back, frightened. 

He was beyond livid. 

"I couldn't watch you suffer," He says quietly, avoiding my eyes. My eyes widen, taken back. 

What? 

Was that his lame excuse? I laugh, pushing him away. "I didn't have to go through it alone! You left me, and I can never forgive you. I will never love a monster like you." I spat, turning on my heel and fighting back the tears.