20

Harper

I dip my head in the pool, my brown hair soaking wet as I rise to the surface. I sigh, gently wiping my eyes. My hands graze the water, a smile tugging at my lips. I missed swimming. I missed having a normal life, though being an Angel, it wasn't very normal in the first place. I fought back the tears as I blocked my parents faces out of my mind, diving under the water again. 

I rose to the surface, enjoying the sun that gleamed down at my skin. 

"Enjoying yourself?" A voice asks, making me gasp. I stare at Hunter, amusement rushing through his piercing blue eyes as he smirks. I immediately rush out of the pool, curling my fingers around the towel and wrapping it around my small frame. 

He chuckles at my reaction, causing me to glare at his handsome face. "What do you want?" I ask, watching as he stuffs his hands deeper into his pockets. His dark eyes run down my body, down to my legs and back to my eyes again. 

He scratches the back of his neck, before running his fingers through his silky dark locks. I catch a glimpse of him, which I hate to admit it, but he looked fine. Even though he wore his usual outfit, he looked even better. His broad shoulders were defined in his black suit, a black tie running down his white shirt. His muscles pierced through his shirt, his jaw clenched sharply. 

I meet his eyes, which were watching me carefully. He smiles in amusement, knowing that I was checking him out. I couldn't help the heat that rushed to my cheeks, avoiding his gaze that was burning holes into my forehead. 

"I want you to come with me on a mission," He says calmly, making my lips part. 

"What? Killing Angels?" I ask through gritted teeth. 

He chuckles, "We don't just kill Angels," He pauses, watching me stiffen. "We help recruit Demons. I am the King after all, aren't I?" He says smugly, watching as I keep my posture straight. 

"Do I have a choice?" I ask. 

"No," 

I sigh, raking a hand through my hair as my hands clench around my towel. "When are we leaving?" I ask, watching as he checks his Rolex watch. 

"In an hour," My brows raise, quickly walking past him to get ready. He stops me, curling a muscular hand around my wrist. I glare at him, watching as he leans down, his lips brushing my ear softly. I shiver, feeling sparks ignite throughout my body. 

"Don't wear anything too revealing," He pauses, smirking against my skin. "I won't be able to control myself," He whispers, before taking a step back and walking away just like that. He didn't glance back, instead, he disappeared into the Mansion. I let out the breath I had been holding in, ignoring the effect he had on me. 

My heart was beating rapidly against my rib cage, my legs shaking. His hands felt so good on my skin, his lips so close to mine. I tried to shake the feeling off, but my body craved his touch. I wanted more. I ignored the butterflies in my stomach, my feet frozen on the pavement. The same questions kept tugging at my mind,

Why did I like it so much?