28

Harper

I slipped my arms around his neck, a few pairs dancing around us in the middle of the ballroom. Soft music played in the background, our feet moving in sync as his hand grips my waist. No sparks erupted in my body when I was close to this Demon, only when I touched Hunter. I could feel Hunter's eyes on us, so I continued to dance with him. 

"My name is Lucas," he says, smiling down at me. 

"Hello Lucas, I am Harper," I smiled at him. 

"You are very beautiful," he says, making me blush. We continued to dance, knowing that Hunter was very jealous. I could feel it

A hand suddenly grips Lucas' shoulder, spinning him around. Hunter towers over Lucas, glaring down at him. "Leave," he growls, making Lucas bow his head, disappearing from our view. I cross my arms, glaring at Hunter as he roughly snakes his hand around my small waist. I let out a small yelp, our bodies so close together. 

"How dare he touch you," Hunter spat, running his spare hand through his silky locks. He clenches his jaw, thinking about Lucas' hands on me. His eyes suddenly darken, and I scoff, continuing to dance. 

"I am not yours," As soon as I say that, Hunter pulls me closer to him, our lips inches apart. He lowers his lips to my ear, smirking against my skin as I tremble against him. My eyes widen with shock as he plants a kiss on my neck, making my heart burst, before trailing up to my ear. 

"You are mine. I am the only one that can make you feel this way," He smirks, twirling me around. Dammit, he knew he had an effect on me. I almost melted into his touch when I lock eyes with the same brunette that was flirting with him. I grit my teeth, stepping on Hunter's foot when I meet his chest. 

He winces, his eyes staring into mine. "What was that for?" 

I squint, "You have been ignoring me the whole time! And then I find you flirting with this brunette? Really, Hunter?" I spat, my heart throbbing as he frowns. 

"Why are you jealous?" he shot back. 

"Why am I jealous? Why are you jealous!" I say loudly, causing a few looks this way. 

He spins me around before I connect hard with his chest. I groan, stepping on his foot with my heel, making him clench his sharp jaw. We continued to dance until the song finally finished, making me snatch my hand from his grasp. "I am going home," I spat at him, watching as he sighs heavily, stuffing his hand in his pockets. 

I huff, crossing my arms as I storm out of the ballroom, sitting on the marble stairs. I hug my knees to my chest, waiting for the limousine in the dark night. 

Was I not pretty enough for Hunter? Is that why he doesn't choose me?