two - what happened pt. 2

With Luke away on her trip, and Brooklyn's attitude getting the best of her, Brooke found herself in the music room at the church. The one room not covered in empty beer cans. She was sitting at the piano playing a song she started writing sophomore year.

"Like roses, we're only here for a moment. Ashes to ashes. Mountains will always need to be climbed, but we only go one foot at a time. Our voices, tryna be more than just noises. Echo to echo, nobody gets to leave here alive. Don't just survive, don't just survive." 

She only had the chorus, after that she gave up and left it alone. But she decided with nothing else better to do, why not write more. She pulled out her phone to start typing more lyrics, deciding to put keys in later. 

Music was an easy escape from reality for Brooklyn. She had her pwn piano at home, but she feels more alone there than anywhere. She loved writing lines of songs. She never finished any though. Luke has heard a few, but not many. Not this one. She does not know what made her think about the words she wrote, but she loves it. Something has got to help her through her hellish days. 

At that thought Brooklyn was inspired. 

Heaven and hell dancing inside myself 

Not a great way to start a song, but a great start to a second verse.

Music plays like a symphony.

Now she was on a roll.

Eb and flow, battles the come and go.

Boy was she facing the battle of trying to find light in this situation. 

There's calm inside the catastrophe.

That is how far Brooklyn got before a text came in on her phone from Grizz.

hey b, get everyone to the church. we'll be back soon to explain.

She sighed opening her message app, typing a mass message to everyone, then texting Cassandra individually. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Now changed into more presentable clothes, black ripped jeans and a WHHS football shirt, Brooklyn sat in a pew with Helena, Harry, Cassandra, Elle, Kelly, Allie, Will, Sam, and Becca around her. Cassandra told the girl to try and reach Luke and Griz, , who shoe hasn't heard from since the text she received hours ago.

"Anything?" Cassandra asked.

"No. He isn't answering. Neither is Grizz."

"They must be headed back here. That's why he wanted us together." Harry said.

"So fast. Twelve hours. Maybe they found something." Kelly said. 

"Or maybe they found nothing. Why wouldn't he say if it was good news?" Brooklyn said. 

"Listen." Cassandra called out trying to get everyone's attention. "Hey. Listen up. Listen up! While we're all here, together, there are some things we ought to figure out before we rip this place apart and maybe ... you know start hurting each other. I don't know what the hell is going on. Maybe Luke will come back with some good news." 

"Maybe?" Elle cut her off. "Of course he will." Her sentence made Brooklyn smile slightly. 

"Yeah, why don't we just wait and see, Cassandra?" Harry asked. 

"Because I would rather prepare for the worst before the worst happens." 

"What does that mean? Prepare?" Kelly asked.

"I don't know specifically, but I think it means we agree not to just take things when we want. Until all the food is gone and we starve." 

"Well I'd agree to that." Allie said raising her hand.