9

"Guys I don't think I can do this." I say stepping out of Asher's car with the boys following my lead.

"You will be fine C I promise. We will be here the entire time." Noah says placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I'm here for you pumpkin. I won't let anything happen to you." Asher says before kissing the top of my head. I look him in the eyes and nod before grabbing his hand and walking to the front door. The entire way through the hallway people were staring at me. I wasn't sure if it was because of the rumors of my failed suicide attempt or the fact that me and the most popular boy in school were walking down the hallway hand in hand. Probably both honestly. I let out a breathe I didn't realize I was holding when all four of us took our seats next to each other in home ec. Which thankfully went pretty quick. Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I went to my lunch table where it was usually just me, Brent and Noah. I sat down and sent both boys a smile before I felt an arm rap around my waist and a body sit next to me. I look over and see Asher.

"Hey, I didn't know you were sitting here with us?" I say confused and look over at his lunch table where the football players and cheerleaders sit. Asher is still welcome there even though he got kicked off the team for his bad grades. I looked back at Asher and noticed him shrug.

"There is no way in hell I wasn't going to sit with you. Especially on your first way back." He says smiling. I smile back and lean into his side.

"You know Asher," Noah starts. "Since you've been getting somewhat decent grades lately, coach wanted to know if you would take your spot on the team back?"

"I don't know man," Asher starts then looks at me. "I mean I guess I'll talk. To him and see what we can do." He says. I can tell he is trying hard to keep his excitement concealed. After a while of talking I decide to go get a water bottle form the snack bar. I stand up and walk over to the little counter. I grab the bottle and turn around to meet a few of the worlds bitchiest cheerleaders in the planet cornering me.

"Hey Cassidy, how was your break from school. Is it true that hospital food sucks?" The one says with a smirk on her face. Before I could even answer her, Asher is at my side.

"That's enough girls." He growls.

"Awww but Asher we were just trying to be nice"

"Well try harder."

"Hey man is there a reason your yelling at our girlfriends?" Two football players show up and put an arm around each of the cheerleaders.

"Oh I didn't know we were calling the hoes girls now, Ben." Asher says causing me to hide a the smile on my face.

"Listen man back away from them and go back to your table. We don't want any problems." The one football player who I now know as Ben says calmly.

"Then tell your whores to stay the fuck away from my girl." Asher spits before tightening his arm around my waist and dragging me back to our table.

"Guys What the hell was that?" Brent asks as we both sit down, them obviously seeing the event that just played out by the snack bar.

"Just letting some people know that this little dork is not a force to be reckon with." Asher says before placing a gentle kiss on my cheek.

*******

"Guuuuuyyyys, I'm bored!" I whine as we all sit on my couch.

"We know C, but you need to tell us what you want to do." I think for a moment before gasping.

"Let's play hide and seek!" I shout with excitement.

"Nope."

"Hell to the no."

"Well you see boys. If Cassidy wants to play hide and seek, then we play hide and seek." Brent says while high giving me. Noah and Asher groan before complying. Let the games begin.